Why is everyone here so damn smart? (1 Viewer)

saberbladexx

HSC
I was calling Shadowdude out on acting like a douche, as opposed to anything else.
Then you should have said that, i'm sorry my intellectual ability in English is poor, hence i do standard english.

I didn't know "Shadowdude doesn't seem that smart" translated into he was "acting like a douche".

Forgive me.

saberbladexx

HSC
Are you trying to make me look silly, dear?

Surely even in English Standard they teach you about context.
In all honesty our teacher hasn't even told us what a thesis, or even mentioned the word.

Context as in the place/way something is said?

Sadly I think you're overestimating the capability of a standard student, a well above average one at that aswell. :cry:

Advanced>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>standard.

Edit: I'm not saying you're not smart, i'm trying to say that Shadowdude could be smart. Sorry for implying anything else.

Last edited:
HSC
Advanced kids don't get told how to write essays either, y'know. Other than "Introduction, Body, Conclusion."

You get vague buzzwords like "synthesis" and "integrating quotes" but no one explains what you're supposed to do.

Honestly, university has done 248397 times more for my writing than high school ever did.

acemusic415

HSC
Advanced kids don't get told how to write essays either, y'know. Other than "Introduction, Body, Conclusion."

You get vague buzzwords like "synthesis" and "integrating quotes" but no one explains what you're supposed to do.

Honestly, university has done 248397 times more for my writing than high school ever did.
I disagree, well in my school I would say its different. Advanced students are taught specifically how to lay out a band 6 essay or a well versed essay. Standard students are neglected due to the negative connotations of lower abilities in English and Literature.

Marina89

HSC
Can i just randomly say how hilarious it is that in every discussion on here I come across, someone always gets into an argument over the most petty things hahaha.. I think HSC has gotten the better of everyone and they're all pissed off 24 7.. lol (this isn't meant to offend anyone by the way)

HSC
I disagree, well in my school I would say its different. Advanced students are taught specifically how to lay out a band 6 essay or a well versed essay. Standard students are neglected due to the negative connotations of lower abilities in English and Literature.
Public education system?

Aixis

HSC
Wow my board exploded.

Who CARES what subjects you do honestly? High school is not SRS BUSINESS.

Gawsh!

So back to my original post.. My ranks are terrible. I don't know exactly what they are but it's something like this

Legal - 7th of 15
Adv Eng - like.. 40th... of 60..
Ext eng - 3rd of 8 (all very close)
Art - 8 of 12..
General maths - no idea. Probably about 20th of 50
Drama - 4 of 10

Thems some pretty average ranks. It doesn't help that my elective classes are mostly stuffed with the top 10 kids. My grades are always between 65 and 80% (with some positive outliers) and my aim is 75. My dream would be 83 but I don't see that happening.

Point is it doesn't make me a retard. Just give eachother a break. If you skipped ahead or dropped out you still might be a fucken asshole.

freedom_awaits

HSC
Helloo, well you can be assured that not everyone here is sooo smart ..i my self am not aiming for high although i do want to know my atar estimate..and SAM isn't working for me at the moment =[

OK, one question..how do you start new thread on this thing? lol.. :p

Thanx :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well freedom, there's a button that looks much like "Post Reply" but on the main forum where all the threads are. Thing is, the button says, "New Topic".

Also, I am not dumb... I may be intellectually lacking some parts, but all can be traced back to several unfortunate (and may I add accidental) incidents which involved my head and several extremely unforgiving objects.

freedom_awaits

HSC
Well freedom, there's a button that looks much like "Post Reply" but on the main forum where all the threads are. Thing is, the button says, "New Topic".

Also, I am not dumb... I may be intellectually lacking some parts, but all can be traced back to several unfortunate (and may I add accidental) incidents which involved my head and several extremely unforgiving objects.

Ok, Thanks Shadowdude..but i still couldn't find that button or the new thread button soo I've decided to invade this thread and ask what i want..see it how it goes :p sorry!

Want a general ATAR estimate :

Overall Assessment ranks: Enlish Advanced : 16/ 39 Trial Mark: 91
Food Technology: 1 / 17 " : :92
PHDPE : 4/ 18 " " : 77
Senior Science : 6/ 18 : 75
Hospitality : 2/32 : 76
Any ideas??:p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Although I'd go as low as 80.70. Senior Science is pulling you down...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Lebo, my estimate is for the post above - for:

Overall Assessment ranks: Enlish Advanced : 16/ 39 Trial Mark: 91
Food Technology: 1 / 17 " : :92
PHDPE : 4/ 18 " " : 77
Senior Science : 6/ 18 : 75
Hospitality : 2/32 : 76

Also, I would challenge you to make your own estimate. Surely, if you think my estimates are stupid, you should be able to tell me what is a 'good' estimate.

niloony

HSC
Thems some pretty average ranks. It doesn't help that my elective classes are mostly stuffed with the top 10 kids.
Thats a good thing as those people will scale you up or indeed your better than you think. For example at a selective high school i'm ranked 47th in eng adv (85% raw) but from past history that should get me an internal scaled mark of around 88 (Unless we do horribly badly ...or well).

Don't go by your marks as your teachers may mark hard or when your mark gets scaled a 75% in the HSC might turn into an 83. Of course it could go the other way.

@Shadowdude
Any estimate is 'stupid' unless you know how well those ranks/marks will correspond with the rest of the state...which you can't really know unless your teachers give you an idea and even then it could be way off

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
We try, niloony. However, if your predictions are within the general area of what others think - you know you are on the right track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)