• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why is it current that kills? Why is AC more dangerous than DC - damage to the body? (2 Viewers)

iStudent

HSC
Re: Why is it current that kills? Why is AC more dangerous than DC - damage to the bo

No actually, AC is more dangerous than DC.
Both are dangerous but AC more so. Here's what jacaranda prelims said:

"Direct currents are less dangerous than alternating currents, as they do not lead to fibrillation." (page 132, paragraph under the table. taken word for word.)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Why is it current that kills? Why is AC more dangerous than DC - damage to the bo

No actually, AC is more dangerous than DC.
Both are dangerous but AC more so. Here's what jacaranda prelims said:

"Direct currents are less dangerous than alternating currents, as they do not lead to fibrillation." (page 132, paragraph under the table. taken word for word.)
"I read it and everything I read must be true"

They are both dangerous and deadly. I think maybe the pain associated with AC may be greater than DC.

So this is clear: AC AND DC ARE BOTH VERY VERY DANGEROUS

iStudent

HSC

"I read it and everything I read must be true"

They are both dangerous and deadly. I think maybe the pain associated with AC may be greater than DC.

So this is clear: AC AND DC ARE BOTH VERY VERY DANGEROUS
I won't comment on the textbook's reliability. But if jacaranda says AC is more dangerous than DC then this is probably what you would write in exams :)

Anyways OP I think your question is answered already.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

AC is only said to be more "dangerous" as I explained above because it interferes with the heart pulses (hence de-fibrillation).

However, it still does the same physical damage to the body (burns and whatnot) so just keep in mind that the dangerousness is relative.

OP asked "damage to the body" which is exactly the same.

They both kill (answering the other question).

However AC has the tendency to interfere with the heart.

So OP asked three questions and all three are answered.

The question was a trick question :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)