• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why is it so hard to find a job? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Seriously. I have sent at least 50+ applications in. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have gotten 3 actual interviews and 2 impromptu ones and I still haven't gotten a part time or casual job at all.

I am far smarter than half the lazy retards working at McDonald's and on both my applications I failed their interviews. I was confident, delivered good answers, made them laugh etc. I bet some young 15yo with a slick haircut and a small penis got them.

Is anyone having trouble finding a job?
Nope. I just started working for a whale watching company, which means I get paid to go.. whale watching. (And getting thrown up on by 5 year old chinese kids, but hey). I got it by running into the owner at a whale festival a few weeks ago.

Woo!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
...there's next to no way of you finding out what you should have got paid.
Lol.

I love you man, you make me laugh.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
wuddie said:
that can be a possibility. but the reason i said they keep a bit of the money, is that from all the workplaces i've been to, the agency recruits always get a fraction less than the perm staff. after all, it is the agency who pays you, and their clients in turn pay them. so in a way, the agency can pay you whatever they feel like, and there's next to no way of you finding out what you should have got paid.
funny, because everytime i have used an agency to be a receptionist, I would be opening the payslips for my boss, and seeing how much my boss is ACTUALLY paying.

$32 an hour and I get a mere $15 when I was 18 years old

$35 an hour while I was getting $18 when I was 20 years old etc.

It's amazing.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Yeah it went well, I have a trial period on wednesday. Thanks for asking. This employer was good he didn't dick around with pointless questions like 'why do you want the job?' etc.

L-esky

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
^ This employer was good he didn't dick around with pointless questions like 'why do you want the job?' etc.
I hate it when they ask that question.
I think the truthful answer is quite obvious.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
no, it's because at dominos/pizza hut their drivers quit so early into the job
They pretty much take on drivers whoever, whenever.

1. pay is shit. like $10/hr, with tips you'll be lucky to do $13/hr
2. Dominos makes you clean up/wash dishes/answer phones and all that stuff

On the upside
1. free pizza(be friendly with the manager and he won't give a shit, or become the manager yourself, i was manager after 2months there). I just invited friends over and gave em free pizzas
2. No one really cares about the job... you're selling pizzas for crying out loud.
3. Do drifts in the domino cars, bust a few tyres - who cares... dominos pays for it.

either way I still worked there for a few months. Worked like a dog , 40hour weeks, 13hour shifts for 300-400/wk.

Anyway congrats on the job. =) It's shit at the start but it's fun after a while.

8===D ~o ~o

Banned
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
funny, because everytime i have used an agency to be a receptionist, I would be opening the payslips for my boss, and seeing how much my boss is ACTUALLY paying.

$32 an hour and I get a mere $15 when I was 18 years old

$35 an hour while I was getting $18 when I was 20 years old etc.

It's amazing.
My brother worked through an agency after his HSC, and found out that he only recieved $18.50/hr for a factory job, when the agency was paid $54 fucking dollars by the company.

Last edited:

Anonymou$

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Seriously. I have sent at least 50+ applications in. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have gotten 3 actual interviews and 2 impromptu ones and I still haven't gotten a part time or casual job at all.

I am far smarter than half the lazy retards working at McDonald's and on both my applications I failed their interviews. I was confident, delivered good answers, made them laugh etc. I bet some young 15yo with a slick haircut and a small penis got them.

You got rejected from McDonalds? Thats bad.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
That's nothing. My hopeless friend Jake got rejected 4 TIMES FROM MCDONALDS. He also failed his p's 4 times lol
Oh Dear....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
People complaining about agencies taking a share of your income, think of this, you wouldn't have been able to land that job if it wasn't for the agency...treat it as an opportunity to get some experience and after that being able to apply directly to the company..

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
SipSip said:
People complaining about agencies taking a share of your income, think of this, you wouldn't have been able to land that job if it wasn't for the agency...treat it as an opportunity to get some experience and after that being able to apply directly to the company..
sure mate, if you want to look at it that way, you'll forever be getting ripped off.

and how's that different to those who complain about poor work conditions? without the company, you wouldn't have a job to start with. you should always strive for more.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:

Because a lot of jobs are filled through "connections".

Also, "attitude" may be the thing stopping you from getting a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)