Why religion is bullshit IMO (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
veterandoggy said:
we have the free will, all god did was write our free will down. why is that not going in?
Um why are you not understanding the whole if god writes our free will down we have no free will because we can only do what he has written down and if we do not then god has not written everything down or does not exist.

1) Free will requires options/choices
2) If God exists then he knows what we're going to do in the future.
3) Therefore if we do something other than what god has written down, God does not exist.

C) Therefore if God exists, we have no free will because we can only do what he has written down.
Anyway to have a proper argument you're supposed to either point out how a premise is wrong or how the premises do not flow together to form the conclusion. I'm not going to have some rhetorical debate with you...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
but you WONT do contrary to what god wrote, because it is what YOU will do. you cant do something contrary to what you are going to do, because you are doing it.
Therefore we don't have free will and can only do what god has written down for us. I don't see where you can't work it out... to have free will we have to actually have options/choices. Now if God has everything written down in advanced we have to do what he has written down, otherwise he is not all knowing... so the only path we can possibly ever take is the one God has written down for us and we have no choice.

Again, you must find a fault in one of my premises... what you said essentially didn't show how any of my premises are flawed and confirmed my conclusion
but you WONT do contrary to what god wrote, because it is what YOU will do.
If you attribute our free will to God it gets even stickier for you..

1) If God exists then we have Free Will.
2) Free will requires options/choices
3) If God exists then he knows what we're going to do in the future.
4) Therefore if we do something other than what god has written down, God does not exist and if we can't do something other than what god has written down, God does not exist.

C) God does not exist.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
look, you guys are trying to confuse it more than what it already is. god wrote dorn your free will, he never said that you must be reading this post at whenever you are reading it. he knew that you will be reading it at that time, and so wrote it down.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
look, you guys are trying to confuse it more than what it already is. god wrote dorn your free will, he never said that you must be reading this post at whenever you are reading it. he knew that you will be reading it at that time, and so wrote it down.
Look, veterandoggy, attack my logic. You fail with what you're saying because free will requires options/choices (unless you want to challenge that premise?) so it doesn't matter if god implicitly stated 'you must do this' or not, the fact is that because God already has your life planned out and he cannot be fallable you have no other option than to follow what he says.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
SashatheMan said:

Question:

Is religion just a pile of bullshit?
One of the many reasons i have decided that religion appears unjust and quite contrary to "ours is a fair and loving god" or whatever it may say. I havent bothered to read the rest of the thread - religion arguments make me angry. Thought i might share:

In this life there are only two things to worry about.
Either you will be rich or poor.

If you are rich, there is nothing to worry about.
But if you are poor, there are only two things to worry about.

Either you will be healthy or sick.
If you are healthy, there is nothing to worry about.

But if you are sick, there are two things to worry about.
Either you will live or you will die.

If you live, there is nothing to worry about.
If you die there are only two things to worry about.

You will either go to heaven or to hell.
If you go to heaven, there will be nothing to worry about.

If you go to hell, you'll be so darn busy shaking hands with all your friends,
you won't have time to worry!

SO WHY WORRY?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
SERIOUSLY lourai*87, WAT the heck r u on about it...it's just rambling...do u knoe what this threae is even arguing about...??:p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
One of the many reasons i have decided that religion appears unjust and quite contrary to "ours is a fair and loving god" or whatever it may say. I havent bothered to read the rest of the thread - religion arguments make me angry. Thought i might share:
Don't post anything if you're not going to 'bother to read the rest of the thread', if you can't be bothered to skim over 4 pages then I can't be bothered to read that poetic bullshit you just posted. P.S. Do you know what a strawman argument is?

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Science Is Bullshit, And So Naturally So Is Religion.

Freewill- Is What U Do, And Religion Doesnt Tell You What To Do - Its Your Choice.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
what the fuck do you mean why worry?!!!?

I honestly get irritated by the fact that religion has served no real purpose but to give people more excuses to harm each other, to further narrow-minded thinking, to halt progressive thought and to discriminate and disillusion people.

I am sick of religious fanatics wasting space and slowing down the evolution of our minds. I am sick and tired of being repressed. I am sick of fucking idiots in the media embarrassing me, as well as extremists who act in backward, uncivilised ways.

Religion should be abolished. Don't give me any bullshit about inner peace and shit. Its always about the self isnt it. Sounds about right for a selfish God who punishes those who do not love him as much as he wants them to, and throws a book down to earth for every one to misinterpret.

There is a deep endless problem with the way heaven and hell works, it is not the first time it has been addressed and its not the first of you psycho religious people to dismiss the idea and have a "why worry" problem, disregarding all the harm religion has done.

The world would be better without religion.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Damage Inc. said:
If you're a Buddhist, why are you acting like a muslim?
oh, "acting like a muslim", ---ok, um i dont really understand. how do u act like one.
do u keep saying " JIHAD", "JIHAD" - ten timeS?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
HotShot said:
oh, "acting like a muslim", ---ok, um i dont really understand. how do u act like one.
do u keep saying " JIHAD", "JIHAD" - ten timeS?
that was so fucked up in so many levels.

davin

HSC
N/A
they're creating new levels of petty in here at this point

Generator

HSC
N/A
That they are.

If anyone would like to continue with this debate in a serious manner, please turn to the 'Does God exist?' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)