Why religion is bullshit IMO (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

using this picture i will explain a very good message it holds.

i present to you two people.

Person one:
When he was a teeganger, he helped out at the old folks home.
He then later joined two charities and donated a good amount of his money to the needy.
He then got married and had four children who he loved and supported with everything they needed.
In his older years, he volunteered to helped to feed the homeless.
all through his life he never killed, raped anyone and enjoyed all aspects of life.
however when growing up he rejected christianity and any other religion.

Person two:

This is the guy in the picture above on the right. The one who raped and killed someone, but then accepted jesus.
As the bible sais, the only way that someone cannot get into heaven is if they denounce christ, for everything else, if yuo accept christ and beg for forgiveness then you can freely get into heaven.

Question:

Is religion just a pile of bullshit?

volition

arr.
HSC
Unless the definitions of a certain religion contradict each other in some way, it's very hard to be able to 'prove it wrong' for a non-believer. All faiths could just move towards a definition that doesn't contradict itself... what would we do then? My opinion is that it makes the most sense to just 'wait and see', because of how little we really know.

Because it's possible for some god to exist and to have used his powers to hide all proof of his existence (even though it seems unlikely).
It is for this reason that I'm agnostic, because I think it would be taking it a step too far to say that it is not possible for a higher being to exist.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yup, i agnostic too. i believe there is a higher form, but i also believe that it has not been proved as to what this form is or how to act towards it, today, i see religion as nothing but a barrier.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
actually person 1 should be, by definition, in hell, because he rejected christianity.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
As an agnostic tho you essentially believe people should not live their lives as if there is a god? Essentially in practice I think agnosticism and atheism is usually exactly the same :/

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Actually you can denounce christ, but you can't for one moment question the holy spirit.
so yuo can say jesus was a good actor, but the holly spirit is real, and still be a chrsitian who supposibly will get accepted into heaven? i thought it was all the same thing.

Riewe

HSC
While i was raised as a cathloic (non-practicing though), i have since come to the conclusion that there is some sort of supernatural spirituality going on (somewhat of the intelligent design line of thought), but all this organised religion is just crap.

While i can understand people feeling good about praying all the time and going to mass and such, (it makes people feel good) in the end, the result is the same. We die, and what happens after that is irrespective of how many times we went to worship and such.

If there is a god, then it doesn't interfere with our lives now matter how many rosaries we say. It is the individual who makes their own destiny, and no other-worldly being is responisble.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Luke 12:10
"Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Mark 3:29
"Whosoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin."

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
actually person 1 should be, by definition, in hell, because he rejected christianity.
That's interesting, so good Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus should not be let into heaven?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Luke 12:10
"Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."

Mark 3:29
"Whosoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin."
Tough customer.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
SashatheMan said:

using this picture i will explain a very good message it holds.

i present to you two people.

Person one:
When he was a teeganger, he helped out at the old folks home.
He then later joined two charities and donated a good amount of his money to the needy.
He then got married and had four children who he loved and supported with everything they needed.
In his older years, he volunteered to helped to feed the homeless.
all through his life he never killed, raped anyone and enjoyed all aspects of life.
however when growing up he rejected christianity and any other religion.

Person two:

This is the guy in the picture above on the right. The one who raped and killed someone, but then accepted jesus.
As the bible sais, the only way that someone cannot get into heaven is if they denounce christ, for everything else, if yuo accept christ and beg for forgiveness then you can freely get into heaven.

Question:

Is religion just a pile of bullshit?
What we believe: God doesn't rate sin (except, perhaps, that blasphemy against the holy spirit thing). Rape and murder are just as bad as taking a 5c coin someone dropped; or in this case rejecting christianity. You're either perfect, or imperfect, there is no grey area. This is why Jesus said accepting his offer of replacement punishment for your sins is the only way, because everyone sins at some stage, and thus everyone is imperfect.

The problem arises here where people compare a certain religion's set of morals to their own, and choose one that fits the best, when (at least I know for Christians) it's actually about comparing our morals to God's, and working from there.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What we believe: God doesn't rate sin (except, perhaps, that blasphemy against the holy spirit thing). Rape and murder are just as bad as taking a 5c coin someone dropped; or in this case rejecting christianity. You're either perfect, or imperfect, there is no grey area. This is why Jesus said accepting his offer of replacement punishment for your sins is the only way, because everyone sins at some stage, and thus everyone is imperfect.
Wait a second? So you're essentially saying that everyone has equal chance of getting into heaven?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
"That's interesting, so good Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus should not be let into heaven?" LOL no they have their own heaven

transcendent

HSC
N/A
garbagedump said:
"That's interesting, so good Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus should not be let into heaven?" LOL no they have their own heaven
hopefully one for each religion where we don't have to come into contact with those who believe in heathen religions :rolleyes:

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
"hopefully one for each religion where we don't have to come into contact with those who believe in heathen religions"...Ur sure rite mate...especially so that we do not have to come into contact with ppl depicted in the cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)