Why so few anarchists? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
because australia has one of the best democractic systems of government in the world.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
-Lemon- said:
Anarchism attracts quasi-educated adolescents (who have grown up in extremely comfortable surroundings) who want rebel for the sake of it.
Their pea-brains latch onto outdated slogans like 'free markets are efficient'', 'let kids play violent rape games', etc..and from there on they don't bother to actually study the material at hand.
Dude you shouldn't try and talk intellectually on a subject you know little about. No true Anarchist believes in the free market. Most are Green Anarchists, Anarcho-Syndicalists, Anarcho-Communists etc. Don't bother to study the material at hand? That's a massive generalisation.

-Lemon- said:
It is for spoiled 'You-tube' fanatics, and none of them realise humans have, for the most part, lived in an anarchist society, where whoever had the most physical strength had absolute power, they don't realise that living standards in the stone-age where terrible, and that modern day living standards in Australia are pretty much a utopia compared to those in 'laissez faire' societies like Somalia.
How is it an Anarchist society when power is distributed unfairly like that? What do living standards and comparative levels of technology in the Stone Age have to do with modern day Anarchist thought? Somalia isn't an Anarchist society. Lack of government is not the only requirement for a society with Anarchistic principles.

-Lemon- said:
(Not to mention the fact that it has no intellectual or mathematical basis whatsoever, all economic theory and evidence suggest big government > small government)
Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Howard Zinn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
hey taco question

from what i can gather you don't like the state, private property or capitalism

so my question is how do people get anything done?

Ziva

Banned
HSC
I probably most agree with minarchism, even after reading up on rothbard and anarcho-capitalism I just cant see how it would work in practice

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I probably most agree with minarchism, even after reading up on rothbard and anarcho-capitalism I just cant see how it would work in practice
minarchists, the agnostics of the libertarian world

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
It's just private property and a distribution of the monopoly of force.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I probably most agree with minarchism,
I wouldn't be upset with a minarchist government, as long as there is no mandatory taxation, (see 'government finaancing in a civil society' in the virtue of selfishness by Ayn Rand for more details).
but the problem is that government can't be contained. No government in history has stayed small.
America was founded by a population of extremist libertarians and had the one of the smallest governments in history with the most checks and balances, and yet today they are the most powerful state on the planet.

even after reading up on rothbard and anarcho-capitalism I just cant see how it would work in practice
Is there something specific you're having trouble with?

Certainly stateless legal systems are difficult things to imagine in practise, but other than that I don't see what is so troubling (that is, if you've actually read ancap literature, unlike most people who criticise it).

Ziva

Banned
HSC
Certain other public goods like roads and stuff.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
privitisation of defence namely
defense is unnecessary and a huge waste of money, it's not like we're going to get invaded carte blanche

roads subsidise geographic locations, if people want to live somewhere, pay to get the road there.

The reason we drive cars so much and are damaging the environment so much, because we put roads fucking everywhere

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
are you talking about s21 of the constitution?

Australian Constitution - Section 21- Vacancy to be notified Whenever a vacancy happens in the Senate, the President, or if there is no President or if the President is absent from the Commonwealth the Governor-General, shall notify the same to the Governor of the State in the representation of which the vacancy has happened.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
defense is unnecessary and a huge waste of money, it's not like we're going to get invaded carte blanche

roads subsidise geographic locations, if people want to live somewhere, pay to get the road there.

The reason we drive cars so much and are damaging the environment so much, because we put roads fucking everywhere
But with this anarcho-capitalist wouldn't system the environment would be fucked anyway? Large firms do not really seems to give a shit about climate change.

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
Why do you randoms feel the need to articulate you thoughts on these matters?

Knowledge derived from these far-right crackpot website you frequent is not permissible in rational conversations..
There is simply no theory or evidence to support these nut-job fantasies, the 'free-market' is not efficient, the private market does not provide an efficient quantity of social goods, governments make everyone better of,
Without government intervention Australia would be in a depression right now, there's no need to let the 'free market take its course'.

Please leave your foul basements and go and study the proper material if your interested in these matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)