Why tears are wasted on HSC results (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This is also true, sometimes you can be super prepared and on the day everything will go to shit.
I had mental breakdowns in mx1 and mx2. :/
And SoR2 was on the same day as mx1 so that ruined.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
The only people who say fuck the HSC are people who didn't try, did shit, and now try to validate their choice by saying there are other ways to get in. While true, those ways are way more tedious. Shouldn't have fucked around in school.
Completely true. It's like they are trying to devalue the effort and dedication some have put in, (regardless of results) - It frustrates me, because yeah some people do take it too seriously, but when you have put in several hours in everyday for the entire year, for some lazy mofo to play it down, it does my head in - It's jealousy.

However, i believe the OP was merely offering words of encouragement, which is good. This does not apply to him/her.

HSC
Uni Grad
op is trying to encourage satisfaction with mediocrity

that being average (shit) is okay

fucking cultural marxism

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Completely true. It's like they are trying to devalue the effort and dedication some have put in, (regardless of results) - It frustrates me, because yeah some people do take it too seriously, but when you have put in several hours in everyday for the entire year, for some lazy mofo to play it down, it does my head in - It's jealousy.

However, i believe the OP was merely offering words of encouragement, which is good. This does not apply to him/her.
It applies to those who've worked hard but didn't reap the benefits

If ur a lazy mofo during the HSc, u will most likely be one after it and hence will be a failure regardless

zhiying

HSC
It's true that a bad ATAR isn't the end...but that's not an excuse

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with this, at the end of the day, the importance of the HSC is vastly overrated. Look, many people will say this to justify poor results, but it does have an element of truth to it. People think that the HSC is some major life event where failure will doom you forever and success will secure you a great future - obviously, this is not true.
Even then, many of those who did so well in the HSC do not end up doing well in university. The converse is also true. Take a look at Shadowdude for example, didn't do so well in HSC maths, came to uni, raped maths like crazy (92 in MATH1241). Just because you didn't do that great in the HSC doesn't mean that you won't be able to succeed later in life.

And as for me, I'm going to compensate for my HSC results by aiming for HD wam in uni, just like how my mom got D-HD avg in uni.

Last edited:

zhiying

HSC
The only thing worthwhile to carry over from HSC to uni is your attitude towards studying I guess

HSC
Uni Grad
The only thing worthwhile to carry over from HSC to uni is your attitude towards studying I guess
But also, if you're intelligent, then you'll benefit far more in university, since more questions in uni tend to require lots of thinking instead of rote-learning.

HSC
But also, if you're intelligent, then you'll benefit far more in university, since more questions in uni tend to require lots of thinking instead of rote-learning.

>>>OMG REVELATION<<<
FUCK. Is this why I got mediocre hsc results?!! I should have taken a rote-learning approach to learning instead of trying to understand everything. x(

HSC
Uni Grad

>>>OMG REVELATION<<<
FUCK. Is this why I got mediocre hsc results?!! I should have taken a rote-learning approach to learning instead of trying to understand everything. x(
You can still do very well if you only just try to understand stuff, but then again a lot of rote learning is still necessary in the HSC, which is what I don't like :( [to me, the HSC is 80% rote-learning, 20% thinking]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)