Why Wagga is better than Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Matt Samson

HSC
Never been to Wagga, and most likely never will go to Wagga.

What I like about Bathurst is that it is closer to Sydney (just a two and a half hour drive).

It is true that CSU Bathurst has very well known TV personalities, considering the fact we have one of the best Communication Schools in Australia. Wagga cant claim to have the best school in anything (except maybe wine making!).

While Wagga might have Pharmacy and dentistry, most people wont put it as their 1st preference.

This is just reality, it isn't about what campus looks better or where the best shopping is. Looks can be deceptive, it is the substance that really counts.

Very well known TV personalities give lots of money to the Bathurst campus in terms of scholarships to students, because they have a connection here and not with Wagga.

As much as I hate Wikipedia, ill post this list of people:

Hamish MacDonald - Aljazeera English
Samantha Armytage - Seven Network 4.30 news presenter and Weekend Sunrise co-host
Chris Bath - Seven News journalist and presenter
Tara Brown - 60 Minutes reporter/presenter
Anna Coren - Seven Network journalist and presenter
Brendan Cowell - actor
Andrew Denton - producer and host of Enough Rope
Melissa Doyle - Seven Network Sunrise presenter
Mike Fitzpatrick (broadcaster) - Triple M Breakfast Show Host
Jane Hutcheon - ABC journalist and Foreign Correspondent
Amanda Keller - 2WS FM radio announcer
Deborah Knight - Network ten newsreader
Allison Langdon - National Nine News reporter
James McTeigue - Hollywood Director
Gabby Millgate - actor
Chris Roe - Sky News Australia journalist and presenter
Jessica Rowe - Seven News presenter
Wayne Sievers - former Australian police officer, trade union official, social justice campaigner and political figure
Hon. Justice Carolyn Chalmers Simpson - Judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales[4]
Edna Tse - ATV News Hong Kong journalist and newsreader
Charlotte Wood - novelist
Monique Wright - Seven's Sunrise weather presenter
Marguerite McKinnon - Seven Network journalist
How many of those people went to Wagga campus?

Substance counts, not deception.

We even have people working at Al-Jazeera from Bathurst.

Last edited:

yourfacehere!

HSC
Bathurst has the largest number of pubs per capita, and considerably cooler students to fill these pubs every night of the week. And how many pubs in wagga made the 100 most dangerous pubs in NSW list? Any? Clearly the wagga students just don't go hard enough....

And I personally love our golf course, and our race track, and our cute campus that doesn't require an oxygen tank to deal with the altitude sickness.

And quite frankly, wagga is just gay.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
oh wow jessica rowe, stop press, csu bathurst is like oxford!

spare me.

wagga is a far more superior campus. i think somebody doing dentistry is going to contribute more to the world than jessica rowe

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
oh wow jessica rowe, stop press, csu bathurst is like oxford!

spare me.

wagga is a far more superior campus. i think somebody doing dentistry is going to contribute more to the world than jessica rowe
She is just one person.

People won't be putting CSU Wagga as their first preference for any course, as they'll still try and get into the University of Sydney to do dentistry first. Just like people put the University of Sydney as their first preference to do things like pharmacy and so forth (except of course those people who go to school in Wagga).

At least Bathurst has courses that are naturally peoples first preference choice.

Now people can go on and on about how good shopping is in Wagga, but who really cares, as most uni students don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on shopping anyway.

Bathurst is close enough to Sydney in that a lot of the students go home of a weekend (the weekend being Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) to WORK and SHOP.

To get back to this trivial issue about shopping (and it is a pathetic topic), Bathurst isn't exactly Bourke, and in fact Bathurst is the fastest growing centre in the Central West in terms of population and business growth. We currently have a new $60 million shopping centre being built across the road from the current Stockland Mall with another plaza being built next year across the road from the one being built at the moment.

Who would risk $60 million in a "crappy town" in the credit crisis climate we have today?

Our water supplies are very secure, we have not faced any water restrictions.

Last edited:

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck off matt, you take this shit far to fucking seriously.

haven't you got something better to bitch about on the student rep forum?

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
fuck off matt, you take this shit far to fucking seriously.

haven't you got something better to bitch about on the student rep forum?
Not enough guts to say who you really are?

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
guts for what?
youre the single most annoying person on this and the CSU forums
all you do is whinge and you take things faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar beyond what is reasonable.
this wasnt a serious thread, it was a thread where the two campus's could battle it out and once again Mr. Fun Police comes in and kills it.

give it a break samson, you're too told to be spending your time being such a kill joy

Trajan

HSC
This thread is great.

I've always wanted to know what unis like CSU were like because I have only been to the Sydney metro ones.

From the looks of things, they sound pretty cool- both Wagga and Bathurst. I might check them out.

To Matt, Besodiah is Katie.

Last edited:

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
This thread is great.

I've always wanted to know what unis like CSU are like because I have only been to the Sydney metro ones.

From the looks of things, they sound pretty cool- both Wagga and Bathurst. I might check them out.

To Matt, Besodiah is Katie.
quiet you :(

and check wagga out first because it's clearly better

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
guts for what?
youre the single most annoying person on this and the CSU forums
all you do is whinge and you take things faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar beyond what is reasonable.
this wasnt a serious thread, it was a thread where the two campus's could battle it out and once again Mr. Fun Police comes in and kills it.

give it a break samson, you're too told to be spending your time being such a kill joy
You're critical, but you're faceless.

Who are you?

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
You're critical, but you're faceless.

Who are you?
i'm not faceless, if you put two and two together you'll figure it out

for what it's worth you don't know me, but it's fairly easy to figure out who you are.

take a chill pill man, this thread was for friendly banter re: the campuses. you need to learn to see the thread for what it is and just run with it.

by the way, i was kidding re: student rep. most of them a pompous butt heads so it's good to see atleast one person tell them theyre useless

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
by the way, i was kidding re: student rep. most of them a pompous butt heads so it's good to see atleast one person tell them theyre useless
Yeah right!

And no, you don't know me. But at least I am able to put my name to arguments.

We have issues at the Bathurst Campus that you have no idea about. So while I might post things on the student rep forum, I post them for good reason.

I am also very contactable, so a lot of what I write is the concerns of other students. My email inbox is totally full.

A student is a student, and some rather others speak on their behalf.

My posts on this thread (until you had a PMS attack) were fully within the scope of the topic. If these PMS attack posts were deleted, there wouldn't be a problem.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
they werent within the scope of the topic you twit, the scope of the topic went as far as 'we have more bars than you', or 'our toilets flush better'.
nobody gives a shit how many second rate journo's bathurst has managed to pump out, if anything you've just killed the bathurst argument.

i also don't care if you put a name to your argument. i dont have any beef with csu so i dont feel i need to put my name to anything. and when i do have beef i do put my name next to it, as you would see in the student rep forum.

the point samson, is for you to take a fucking chill pill and stop being so anal retentive about everything all the time

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder why!
um, because i asked for it to be banned so i could concentrate on uni for a month?

it's well documented.

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
they werent within the scope of the topic you twit, the scope of the topic went as far as 'we have more bars than you', or 'our toilets flush better'.
nobody gives a shit how many second rate journo's bathurst has managed to pump out, if anything you've just killed the bathurst argument.
That is what you read into it. I'm unsure, maybe because you're more "working class" or something along those lines?

And Jessica Rowe is wonderful... at least she has some character.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
she has as much character as a stomped on piece of chalk.
spare me, atleast we know your taste is in your arse.

Matt Samson

HSC
Besodeiah said:
she has as much character as a stomped on piece of chalk.
spare me, atleast we know your taste is in your arse.
I wont judge her as I do not know her.

Yeah, she made a poor decision when she moved to Channel Nine, but her whole life shouldn't be judged because of that poor decision. We all make at least one poor decision in our lives.

I think a person would be able to have a more sophisticated discussion on a topic with her than someone like you... and that I am being serious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)