Wifi at UWS Parra... (1 Viewer)

jonno92

HSC
Im thinking of getting a laptop.. Can you access AirUWS from any room? What's the speed like? Anyone ever done a speed test?.. Can you download torrents? lol... Are there any websites you cant go on?..

Thanks

Timelord09

HSC
Im thinking of getting a laptop.. Can you access AirUWS from any room?
most rooms i've tried but apparently you can't use it outside , which i don't anyways,,

you can use it at connect bar even

What's the speed like? Anyone ever done a speed test?..
good speed, did a speed test but forgot... but considering the 100's of people constantly connected and downloading and how the speed remains so good is madd.

Can you download torrents?
apparently one guyy did but got told off only cos he was downloading huge amounts (movies etc) but if you don't do it suspiciously i assume so, ive not tried

lol... Are there any websites you cant go on?..
not that i've seen, but ive only used uws sites, google, wiki, and facebook

you're welcome

HSC
N/A
the times i've connected wireless, the speed is dreadful.

using speednet,

it was about 0.03mbit.

on the cat5 ethernat cable, (the libraries on the computer) it was like 95mbits download, and 70mbits upload.

also some netbooks actually can't connect to the internet cause they don't support the software.. or rather the software doesn't support them.

don't get anything slower than an atom 1.6.
don't get a 64bit OS either.

and no don't download torrents.
they track every kb you use.

and yeah some websites don't work.
for instance i can't get on quakelive

taker0

HSC
they dont give a shit what you download as long as it not obvious (ie 10gb in a day). every week you get a 15gb allowence so just load the torrents when you are at home then pause it then just start it up when you get to uni.

also dont get 64bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)