Wii U - anyone here play? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I finally decided to buy a Wii U as both JB/Target had the Basic 8gb console including Skylanders Swapforce Starter Pack & Nintendoland for $249. I have no interest in Skylanders so trying to sell it at 40% off RRP on Gumtree but I'm enjoying playing Nintendoland. It's surprisingly relaxing/fun to play casual games and it's just nice to not have to be so serious! I'm also enjoying Nintendo characters in high definition on my 70" TV :)

Anyone else here on BoS got a Wii U?

IcyRain

HSC
Yeah. I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 :D

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
yep, not currently playing it cos i don't really have the time, but im defs looking forward to smash, mario kart 8 and X (omg it looks amazing)

loved super mario 3d world

IcyRain

HSC
Reason why people should get a Wii U:
[youtube]__qp9iPKeNs[/youtube]

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
if anyone is really into platformers Rayman Legends is really good

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I played Rayman Legends with the gf. Similar to Super Mario bros U, the gamepad brings a totally different (almost cheating!) level of support. Either way, it was fun!

seanieg89

HSC
I doubt that the new smash will be more appealing to me than project M, but if it is then I would probably buy a wii u solely for it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
it'll probs be slower than project M (as we discussed today) but i think the producers confirmed it would be faster than brawl (the gameplay looks that way too)

seanieg89

HSC
it'll probs be slower than project M (as we discussed today) but i think the producers confirmed it would be faster than brawl (the gameplay looks that way too)
Sure, but the speed isn't the main issue. It's the whole physics system. To name a few thing: hitstun in brawl is too low, you can cancel it with airdodges, airdodges don't leave you helpless, ledgesnap distance is way too large, recoveries are way too good in general, pretty much nothing is safe on shield, etc.

Not to mention the terrible character balance.

Smash 64 is comparable in speed to brawl, but the physics system is more like melees in that there is incentive to approach aggressively.

I am sure I will enjoy smash 4, but project m is already pretty much the perfect smash game imo, and they are still improving it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Sure, but the speed isn't the main issue. It's the whole physics system. To name a few thing: hitstun in brawl is too low, you can cancel it with airdodges, airdodges don't leave you helpless, ledgesnap distance is way too large, recoveries are way too good in general, pretty much nothing is safe on shield, etc.

Not to mention the terrible character balance.

Smash 64 is comparable in speed to brawl, but the physics system is more like melees in that there is incentive to approach aggressively.

I am sure I will enjoy smash 4, but project m is already pretty much the perfect smash game imo, and they are still improving it.
haha yeah that is true, as we discussed today, competitive brawl is pretty much a campfest which saps a lot of the fun out of it

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Has anyone played Mario Kart 8 yet and can provide comparisons to Mario Kart Wii? Considering buying the big W bundle atm

IcyRain

HSC
Has anyone played Mario Kart 8 yet and can provide comparisons to Mario Kart Wii? Considering buying the big W bundle atm
I got Mario Kart 8 on day one and also bought Mario Kart Wii on day one. Overall Mario Kart 8 has much more crisp and detailed graphics, it seems faster than Mario Kart Wii, and the new tracks are all well designed. The game handles similar to Mario Kart 7, and has a great online system.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I got Mario Kart 8 on day one and also bought Mario Kart Wii on day one. Overall Mario Kart 8 has much more crisp and detailed graphics, it seems faster than Mario Kart Wii, and the new tracks are all well designed. The game handles similar to Mario Kart 7, and has a great online system.
haha I see youre more of an avid MK fan than I am. I looked at several reviews (also had a laugh at the Luigi death stare LOL) and yeah the graphics are stunning and I want to try the new maps as well. Really keen on SSB4 as well. Did you buy the 32gb or the 8gb WiiU? Currently I am looking at a deal with 3 games (Nintendoland, MK8, Skylanders Swapforce as well as a digital promotion game - Also SSB4 in the future), will an 8gb suffice for those games?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
heard from someone who has it that the racing is awesome and everything is a lot better than mario kart wii save for battle mode which is not that great this time around

seanieg89

HSC
If ssb4 is good (I have high standards in this regard)/ has decent online I will get one just for it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
If ssb4 is good (I have high standards in this regard)/ has decent online I will get one just for it.
i rly want decent online cos the fact ssbb had online but it wasn't the best (to say the least) was a bit of a downer for me

seanieg89

HSC
i rly want decent online cos the fact ssbb had online but it wasn't the best (to say the least) was a bit of a downer for me
If you want to play smash online, project 64k is good for ssb64 and dolphin is good for both melee and brawl :). Just get a usb controller, or an adapter if you absolutely need to play with a GC controller.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
If you want to play smash online, project 64k is good for ssb64 and dolphin is good for both melee and brawl :). Just get a usb controller, or an adapter if you absolutely need to play with a GC controller.
btw did u hear about the announcement u can play wii u smash with a GC controller now?

seanieg89

HSC
btw did u hear about the announcement u can play wii u smash with a GC controller now?
Yeah, and some top melee pros are playing in that invitational event at E3 which will be sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)