Will I be able to get into these schools? (1 Viewer)

Will I get into either schools?

• Nah

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • High reserve list

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yup

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

iStudent

HSC
Have a weird feeling you went to my high school (does Splatt ring a bell?).

From observation, the top few or so of the mainstream classes perform equal to the selectives (in atar and otherwise). You probably won't see many loud/distracting students in your Y11/12 classes since they tend to avoid the hard subjects that you listed above.

Minari243

HSC
Have a weird feeling you went to my high school (does Splatt ring a bell?).

From observation, the top few or so of the mainstream classes perform equal to the selectives (in atar and otherwise). You probably won't see many loud/distracting students in your Y11/12 classes since they tend to avoid the hard subjects that you listed above.
Splatt definitely rings a bell. Yeah I’ve realised some of the mainstreams are actually smarter than some selectives. Thats good to hear, is there any teachers for those subjects that might be a bit ehhh?

ahjokhamitch

HSC
Its generally quite loud at times until the teacher gets everyone’s attention. Although in maths its basically silent as everyone us just thinking. Keep in mind this is the selective class and i’ve heard the mainstream classes sound louder than 20 jets taking off. Thats part of the reason why I’’m lowkey worried because i’ll be mixed in with them next year. Im not sure if we’re placed into classes according to grades but it definitely does not happen in 7-10.
The mainstream kids probably won't take the same subjeccts as you

iStudent

HSC
Teachers have changed these 5 years (as have the syllabus) so really can't say!

I think regardless of what school you go to, you should be learning the content independently - it will be very hard to do well if you just relied on your school teachers. Also, since medicine is what you are aiming for - just be aware that even if you go to Girra or Penrith, every year prob max 2 people get into medicine anyway (and many times, none get in).

In other words, you need to need to top regardless of what school you go to. It is probably less stressful and easier doing in your school :)

Last edited:

Accurate

clix
HSC

I think regardless of what school you go to, you should be learning the content independently - it will be very hard to do well if you just relied on your school teachers. Also, since medicine is what you are aiming for - just be aware that even if you go to Girra or Penrith, every year prob max 2 people get into medicine anyway (and many times, none get in).

In other words, you need to need to top regardless of what school you go to. It is probably less stressful and easier doing in your school :)
Really? I thought it would be like maybe 5 in a school like Girra.. goes to show how competitive Med really is

Minari243

HSC

Yeah, to be honest I'm most likely going to do medical science and go the post-grad path, but I'll still definitely try my best on the UCAT and aim for a hella high atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)