Will my year 12 subjects make me eligable for a 95 ATAR? (1 Viewer)

maddyruby

HSC
Hello,
So I am taking:
Studies of Religion 1
Adv English
Gen Maths
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Drama

How hard will I have to work in order for me to receive a 95 Atar but I am thinking of dropping Chemistry and transferring to economics but I am not sure yet. I am not sure what to expect from economics and if its going to be as hard as chemistry. If anyone had taken classes similar to mine or got an Atar similar to my goal, I would love to hear you advice.
Thanks

Orwell

HSC
You can get an ATAR of 95 with whatever subjects. I highly suggest you think about future occupation and prerequisites though.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Econ and Chem are both great subjects! However consider which one fits your desired degree/occupation area better. Commerce/finance/business etc- choose economics. Science/medicine/etc- Chem.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
prerequisites are most likely the biggest problem. But there are always bridging courses where necessary.

si2136

HSC
N/A
prerequisites are most likely the biggest problem. But there are always bridging courses where necessary.
There are like nearly no degrees that require prerequisites, only assumed knowledge, and you can take bridging courses for that. Also, the only prerequisites is a course in the degree, and that's suitable, for example, you won't do 4U unless you do 3U and 2U etc.

Silky_Smooth

HSC
Hello,
So I am taking:
Studies of Religion 1
Adv English
Gen Maths
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Drama

How hard will I have to work in order for me to receive a 95 Atar but I am thinking of dropping Chemistry and transferring to economics but I am not sure yet. I am not sure what to expect from economics and if its going to be as hard as chemistry. If anyone had taken classes similar to mine or got an Atar similar to my goal, I would love to hear you advice.
Thanks
Always give 100% to ensure that you have not regrets when you finish the HSC

the_matrix

HSC
You can get any ATAR with any combo of subjects - consistency is the key!

I do chemistry and i can tell you it becomes quite content heavy in the HSC course, especially if your teacher likes to dump everything at you...
Economics is also pretty challenging from what I've gathered

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Work hard enough and then potentially you will get a 95+ ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)