Will they ask for two related texts this year? (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
I hope not. I'm pretty happy with my first related (used it for first assessment and trials), but I'm really lazy with my second one.

Have they ever specifically asked in the previous years to include to related texts?

Do you think they'll do it this year?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Im hoping for two, coz that already cuts out half my competition.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
hahahahahahhahaha lol'd

so did you write about two in that instance?
I did, and a lot of other students did as well. With what I had prepared, my ideas fit the question better with two. From what I remember, it was pretty evenly split between students doing one and two texts, with a handful here and there doing three.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Highly doubt it. It'll likely be "AT LEAST ONE", but it'd be a nice shake up from the usual. At the very least, it'll give SMH something else to talk about rather than an exaggeration of the difficulty of the question over and over again.

moocow920

HSC
I really bloody hope not. What about Module C, anyone think they would specify 2 there?

koreafantasy

HSC
if they do, well gg. i aint gonna prepare another related and have that study wasted.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Doesn't that mean you can just do one related?
Yet you said you did two? I'm confused...
You could just do one. They would have preferred you to do one. But every other year before it they had asked for two. So everyone went into the exam expecting to write about two. So that's what most of us did.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Highly doubt it. It'll likely be "AT LEAST ONE", but it'd be a nice shake up from the usual. At the very least, it'll give SMH something else to talk about rather than an exaggeration of the difficulty of the question over and over again.
hahahahahahaha

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
It hasn't been asked for a while... but still a possibility

Something similar happened at my school where my teacher only notified our class that there were at least 2 related texts required for AOS in trials with confidence. Seemed a bit weird how no other classes were told that so I told a bunch of people outside my class and psyched them up... Turns out question specified ONLY ONE related text...

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I really bloody hope not. What about Module C, anyone think they would specify 2 there?
You are recommended to have studied more than 1 related text, so it's possible there too. Probably more likely to happen in Mod C than AoS, but it's still quite unlikely to be asked. I'm really hoping they do something legit this year like 2 relateds or at least change an essay to a speech/feature article or something other than an essay. HSC English goes too easy on the state.

hsclover

HSC
N/A
You are recommended to have studied more than 1 related text, so it's possible there too. Probably more likely to happen in Mod C than AoS, but it's still quite unlikely to be asked. I'm really hoping they do something legit this year like 2 relateds or at least change an essay to a speech/feature article or something other than an essay. HSC English goes too easy on the state.
I definitely agree with this. I have a feeling they might pull the 2 related this year with AOS. I know quite a few schools have incorporated this into their Trials. Also, in terms of the whole speech/feature article, I could imagine them doing the speech this year. But then again, we all know how unpredictable BOS is.. Good luck all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)