Will u get marks off for not writing about sept 11 in that poem? (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Dun think so yea?...............it was kinda refering to it but i dont think ull get marked down.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
It didn't ask "what the change was about" it asked "significance of change" ... and anyway how do you know where marks will be taken off, does it matter?

anastabation

I didn't know about it refering to september 11 either! Surely if you answered the question properly though, you won';t lose marks.

TrickmA

HSC
dude how can u possibly work out its sept 11 from the extract?

it could be anything, anyone who said "its relating to sept11" is stupid coz it coulda been about someones wife being murdered, or anything.

the question asked what was the significance of the change not "what is the poem about"

think about it dude..

Blondie

umm, by the way.... did anyone realised that THERE WAS NO CHANGE IN THAT POEM, the big piece of absolute junkity-junk-junk!!! ....... or was it just me?!

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Blondie
umm, by the way.... did anyone realised that THERE WAS NO CHANGE IN THAT POEM, the big piece of absolute junkity-junk-junk!!! ....... or was it just me?!
you can say that the theme of the poem is change and it presented a different perspective on/different type of change in each stanza

which does make sense if u look at it

tempco

HSC
I didn't specificly say anything to do with 9/11, but my response included the fact that a lot of wrong things happened in 2001, and the persona wanted things to change.

hellohello

totally agree baby.

i had no idea what techniques to write about?

what did people say?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hahahahahahahaah i was thinking the exact same thing!!! i thought it was a really lovely poem but it in no way related to change... like i understood it but i could NOT in any way pick out what it had to do with change.... it was weird... and the question they asked for it about the observations and shit totally threw me

spark

I said that the 'change' that occurs is that it forces the responder to reconsider our current perspectives and surroundings (changing outr attitudes towards the way we look at things so that we don't things for granted). I discussed the imagery, stanza structure and use of repetition of 'how..' which provokes us.

Blah. :/

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by spark
I said that the 'change' that occurs is that it forces the responder to reconsider our current perspectives and surroundings (changing outr attitudes towards the way we look at things so that we don't things for granted). I discussed the imagery, stanza structure and use of repetition of 'how..' which provokes us.

I discussed all the techinques but i missed out on the simplest thing of all... what kind of change it was.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't like the poem. i looked over it and i really don't think it has anything to do with sept 11, like it doesn't jump out, so i doubt people will be marked down

i don't think it was about a change occurring throughout it, maube the effects of change, and the unpredictability?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by spark

Yeah, I basically mentioned similar aspects, and how it urges the responder to make positive change.. (Invites thought through the emjambment from line to line, etc:...)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
no one i know picked up on the sept. 11 thing

also i didn't really see the "change" in that poem either. onnly in the last (or 2nd last?) stanza where he talks about how it is to sleep alone again ... which is sort of a changing situation, might provoke changing perspectives/self etc??? but that was ALL i could pick up on... needless to say for the poem question i just bullshitted my way through it

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
errrr.... sept/11 thing?!

i used sept11 for my creative writing.....

apollo

the question was

'how does the poet represent his observations of the signifiance of change in the poem"

answers i came up with nothing to with sept 11...

1 - oxymoron of the pleading bully - change is powerful enough to make a bully plead.

2 - saying change is significant enough for it to be unwise to take things like love, income and peace for granted... then juxtaposing those large issues with "the issue of your next breath" showing that change is significant enough to effect even the smallest of issues too. posing the question that perhaps change is significant enough for it to be unwise for us to take our next breath for granted. unrealistic, but it conveys the extreme significance the author sees in change.

might be a bit far fetched ;\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)