Windows 7 beta (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
hey

everyone who has downloaded it what do you think

i think it is really good, really fast, and really functional so far the only thing i have had issues with is drivers for wireless i like it alot though

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
you normally have to put your email adress in and everything

maybe try again

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
gaaaaaah not recognising dvd as bootable device, even though i manually select it in the intro/bios/thingo screen, WTF!!! I already burnt it onto 2 dvds, not working for either..:(

plz hlp someone?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
have you set it to the top of the boot list, and have you tried disabling all other devices such as HDDs to force it to read from the DVD drive?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes, then theres black screen with flashing cursor, that stays for ages, like 5 mins, then it just boots from hdd.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
open up windows and then click on the CD and install it that way

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i burnt image onto disk, NOT the image file (duh, lol!).

I put the disc in and when it autoruns, a message comes up saying:

Setup can not run on this version of the Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install media.

And when i go into the Computer folder and click 'explore' on the disc, and click on setup.exe, a message comes up saying:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I think this is because i currently have the 32-bit version of windows ultimate (came with laptop) and im tryin to dual boot it with 64-bit of windows 7.

So i cant dualboot 32-bit and 64-bit os together?

If so, then FUCK!
How can i make this possible?

If for some blessed reason this is not the problem and my dvd is just crappy, then thats fine, i got a friend coming over in a couple of days to help me with this.

EDIT: and my cpu is 64-bit, so 64-bit os should work.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
psh, the only reason i downloaded windows 7, apart from it being new os, is that i got the 64bit version on purpose, no point in me getting the 32 bit..:(

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
how much better is it then XP?

i downloaded it last week but i dont want to end up finding that i cant work certain programs or something.

Also how long can you use the beta version for?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
OMG i got it working =)
Turns out the dvd was just crappy *sigh of relief*

So anyways, is there a way to run the programs/games that i have on my main harddrive? Or can i only run whatever programs are on the Windows 7 drive/partition? Currently my W7 partition is empty, and theres nothing on my desktop.

I thought that when i choose to run the computer in vista/7, it runs the computer in the chosen OS, and all the files and programs and games are still there..

I'd really like to try out my games in 64-bit..and not have to reinstall em all on the other partition.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
psh, the only reason i downloaded windows 7, apart from it being new os, is that i got the 64bit version on purpose, no point in me getting the 32 bit..:(
You do know you can get vista 64 bit, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)