Windows 7 beta (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
you should be able to just run the game from your program files in vista.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
you should be able to just run the game from your program files in vista.
should. being the main keyword.

There are files that are stored in the registry that deal with the cdkey, etc. There may be some incompatabilities because of that.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes, incompatibility shit that shinji said.

I installed saints row 2 into a shared harddrive (since the w7 partition became full during installation) but i cant run it in windows 7, though if i restart with vista i CAN run it.

And i chose to get windows 7 64-bit cuz its 64-bit, but also cuz its windows 7 (newness).

the.RAVER

HSC
Windows Seven is AWESOME!

The ONLY problem I have is I get a BSOD whenever I'm using WiFi for a while which totally sucks, Thats just one more ethernet cable running through my room.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I mite increase my windows 7 partition (if its possible?) and put assassins creed on it, that way i can use all 4gigs of my ram with the 64-bit os, and see how it runs.

the.RAVER

HSC
I mite increase my windows 7 partition (if its possible?) and put assassins creed on it, that way i can use all 4gigs of my ram with the 64-bit os, and see how it runs.
Hmm doesn't your other partition show up in your explorer? Couldn't you just run it off that as like a D or E drive?

If not I don't think it IS actually possible to increase a partition size..

m4ngr0v3

HSC
I installed Windows 7 Beta 1 x64 on my main PC (dualboot), it runs nice and fast.
I also installed x86 on the school government computers - and it runs faster than XP! :S

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Trojans made my laptop fuck up, so since i had to format/reboot vista, i thought why not make windows 7 the main OS for my laptop, so i did.

But now i cant install msn (windows live), because im apparantly not connected to the net... (even though i am)

When i had vista ultimate and window 7 both on, msn installed fine on windows 7, but not working now, any tips?

edit:
Couldn't set up the installer

Check to be sure that you are connected to the Internet.

Error: OnCatalogResult: 0x8104000b
Next Steps: You cannot download Windows Live Programs unless you're connected to the Internet.

Then theres a 'get help with this error' link that doesnt help at all.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok so i guess that 'get help with this error' link does help... i disabled my avg firewall and now its working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)