• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

windschuttle (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I read it on his site, lets all go it will be so much fun :roll:

HUNT

HEY! sasky :) I'm going too,......... might see you on the 2nd :) ( though i wouldn't know who you were:( ) We have done nothing on windschuttle in class !!!! But i don't think my teacher likes him, she said he was a "evil little man", or something to that effect:)

Last edited:

Sasky

HSC
Yipee! I'm going to hold up a sign that says "HUNT" and look for you - ok?

Anyone else coming? :)

shereem

Howdy!! First post for me!! :shy:

Unfortunately, I don't come from Sydney, and although I'd love to go to this study day... it is literally impossible! :(
Though it would be extremelly helpful, not only for me but for anyone else from a country region, if ppl that are going could post some things about what went on and what was said e.t.c. :)

If anyone is willing to help me in particular, my email address is shezza2_8@hotmail.com :D

BTW, wish me luck for hist. ext. half-yearly tomorrow... (lots and lost of this goin on: :read: )

:wave:

Sasky

HSC
oh yeah, oh yeah...
<digs out sign board and scriggles "boredofstudies_ppl rock" >
I will look 4 u 2 - :)

Hey shereem - good luck with your exam, I'm sure u'll go well; just stick to 3/4 main sources, link with the source you get and try to remember what you learnt - :)
If we get notes from the day, just nag me about it via the board or email and I'll get them up here after the day...

AM04

"there is an amazing study day for history extension students where he's coming to give a talk, and another prominent speaker will be there too - a she! - and I'm really looking forward to it. Do you guys want more info on it? Our teach gave it to us 2day, I really want to see how he presents his views!" ------

i would love to! where and when is it???

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by AM04
"there is an amazing study day for history extension students where he's coming to give a talk, and another prominent speaker will be there too - a she! - and I'm really looking forward to it. Do you guys want more info on it? Our teach gave it to us 2day, I really want to see how he presents his views!" ------

i would love to! where and when is it???
Originally posted by Sasky
Hey ppl, finally dug it out of my bag, here's what it says on the first page:

EXTENSION HISTORY STUDY DAY

Historiography Study Day
Prof Stuart Macintyre - The History Wars
Keith Windschuttle - The Fabrication of Aboriginal History
Prof Lyndall Ryan - Representing Conflict on the Colonial Frontier

STUDY DAY EXCURSION
Wed 2 June 2004, 9.30 am - 2.30 pm
Venue: The Footbridge Theatre
at the Footbridge over Parramatta Rd, University of Sydnbey
Enquries: (02) 9417 2091 FREECALL 1800 688 395

ENTRY BY TICKET - $25 per student (GST exempt) inc. notes
To book: FAX us the Booking Form and we will post tickets and a tax invoice to be payable after the study day.

There's more on the back ppl, and I don't know where my teach got the info from, but it sounds really good, Windschuttle will be talking about his book and (what I'm really looking forward to) Prof Ryan who wrote 'The Aborignial Tasmanians' will probably exploring his argument and her own, and there's time for questions for both the speakers! I'd love to see some, well really all, of you guys there! Ask your teachers about it and get back to me to see if you guys are going...

PhiL

Is anyone able to scan up the actual 'flyer' with all the details cause my teacher wants to have a look at it if possible

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
It might be easier for your teacher to call the number, and then they can send your school the relevant information.

trekkie

HSC
Woo ill be there, my teacher came up to me the other day and just said to me "On the 2nd you and I are going to the ext hist study day in sydney", lol its fun being in a class of only 2 people, democracy doesnt function

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol.....windschuttle and irving :D

those two would love being in the same room :D

SeNioRiTa

actually both reynolds and windschuttle have pros and cons. while reynolds was good for making us aware of our black history, he based much of his work on oral history and windschuttle isnt disagreeing that we have a black history, rather he is criticising reynolds methods as a historian. reynolds didn't do a whole lot of research whereas windschuttle went very deep into all of the historiography involved on that subject. so while windschuttle is still ignorant about the extent of our black history and the sufferings of Aboriginals, as good little extension history students we should respect windschuttle and give him some degree of credit on his methods as a historian.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
i ll be there...i ll be part of the school out to get windshuttles blood...or so i was informed...

zakkaczmarek

excursion

keith the man himself windshittle is giving a bit of a talky next week at sydney uni wednesday at the footbridge theatre so head on downtown and check it out might be worth a geez

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
hahaha...that was a very interesting talk, ryan was sooo boring...unfortunetly we didnt get to ask all our questions.... if anyone was there, we (our school) was the one in the front role with 3 ppl all with hands up wanting to ask question :p

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
heheh..this study day was great.
loved the students who prepared specific questions for ol' windschuttle, only to get completely owned.
he's an intelligent man. i dont know how these fools thought they could trick him! it was cringeworthy stuff.

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
yeah..
it was gr8 fun!!
i actually agree with windschuttle till some extent/.. but a lot of things he said were just bizzare.. like the aborignals wanted sugar,oil and bedding and hence they attacked the whites!! but he surely is an intellegent man!
hey Zhang San Feng, i saw u... cudnt believe u cud have so many qs.. u wudnt believe.. one of u guys actually asked the same q. to windschuttle that i wanted to.. thanks neways..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)