• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
It just seemed like a MASSIVE waste of time. It's now also cheaper to do science subjects, fuck paying huge amounts of money to study history and shit which I can do on my own!

It was also full of painful wankery. Like their use of the phrase "social Darwinism", which so flagrantly ignored essential concepts of Darwinism in order to make their argument sound as pretentious as possible, that irked a bio student like me.

Yeah, I guess I'm just a practical person, I like discussing that sort of shit, but I sure as hell don't want to pay for it!
ahahahaha this is why i love arts :eek:

kokodamonkey

HSC
Local Chinese Takeaway Dinner for One sounds like a yummy option. I must stress though this is my FIRST time ordering something different!

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
BKM said:
It was also full of painful wankery. Like their use of the phrase "social Darwinism", which so flagrantly ignored essential concepts of Darwinism in order to make their argument sound as pretentious as possible, that irked a bio student like me.
I used to have the same problem. Until I got the fuck over it and realised that I was being even more pretentious by having a problem with them.

What I'm trying to say is; don't get caught up in the terminology but instead embrace their thoughts!

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Because I planned on arts things as well, and usyd is much better for that. Then I realised I hated it. Also would take ages to get there, is a pain.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
UNSW has awesome science facilities. So he's mainly an arts wanker anyway for changing.
Having went there, I can assure you that they're no better and sometimes less practical than the ones on offer at USyd.

So piss off.

No, just being practical. And you actually still study that shit. So you can't talk.
DUN LIEK DEM CUZ THEY USE OUR TERMS! SCIENCE TERMS ONLY FOR SCIENCE PEOPLE! RAWR!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
No, 'cause they talk a load of shit. No wonder people make fun of arts degrees. I have never experienced such pretentious shit in my life before encountering arts at usyd.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
rude

im going to go sit down with my beret and my vittoria coffee and write a note of complaint about your treatment of us

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
It's not the students that are wankers, it's the way the subjects are taught.

Anyway, science is important. We need more people studying science/engineering and such, not poetry and things.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
It's not the students that are wankers, it's the way the subjects are taught.
So you haven't a problem with subject matter, just the lecturers? I'll agree to some extent.

Is this all? Something tells me it's not.

Anyway, science is important. We need more people studying science/engineering and such, not poetry and things.
Agreed. But this isn't zero sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)