• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
If I hadn't dropped my business degree, I'd offer to let you do all my accounting prep for next semester.
Cos I'm just so kind & considerate like that :)

Mmmmm no more maths ever. Salivating at the thought.
Haha, I'm jumping for joy at the fact that I never have to do an arts subject again!

I got my essays and that back though and I actually did realllly well in the end, hahahaha, I laughed so hard!

NEVER AGAIN!!! :)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Why did you hate arts so much, lol
It just seemed like a MASSIVE waste of time. It's now also cheaper to do science subjects, fuck paying huge amounts of money to study history and shit which I can do on my own!

It was also full of painful wankery. Like their use of the phrase "social Darwinism", which so flagrantly ignored essential concepts of Darwinism in order to make their argument sound as pretentious as possible, that irked a bio student like me.

Yeah, I guess I'm just a practical person, I like discussing that sort of shit, but I sure as hell don't want to pay for it!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Haha, I'm jumping for joy at the fact that I never have to do an arts subject again!

I got my essays and that back though and I actually did realllly well in the end, hahahaha, I laughed so hard!

While I'm jumping for joy at the thought of STARTING arts subjects in less than a month's time.
Yum yum yum.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
wow, i have never come across a less appealing degree

each to their own i suppose :p
Haha, fair enough, lol.
Meh, the fact that it's a double degree anyway will save my sanity if it gets to be too much lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

Lol that's awesome. No arts this semester or next year for me. Will have to suck it up and do some in 5th year but that's ages away.

Woo!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Contemplating transferring to do Arts/Law and major in History, rather than sticking with International and Global studies. Anyone got advice for how the senior history units are, and whether a History major is worth it?

We're doing a compulsory unit on culture for International Studies next semester and I do not know how I am going to last 13 weeks hearing things about sociology and anthropology (apologies to those who love it, but I dislike it!).

HSC
Contemplating transferring to do Arts/Law and major in History, rather than sticking with International and Global studies. Anyone got advice for how the senior history units are, and whether a History major is worth it?

We're doing a compulsory unit on culture for International Studies next semester and I do not know how I am going to last 13 weeks hearing things about sociology and anthropology (apologies to those who love it, but I dislike it!).
http://community.boredofstudies.org...4/subject-reviews-pdf-updated-17-01-09-a.html :D

I enjoyed the only senior HSTY unit that I did. The general consensus seems to be that the HSTY department runs solid courses that are not fantastic, but not terrible.

Sociology is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)