• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh yeah I have a four day week this semester :( Firs time since first year. One of those days is only a two hour lecture plus film viewing but I'm telling myself that I'm actually gonna go to everything this semester. I swear!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
A few people at the top of this page have stated that their WebCTs have already switched semester - but different faculties move at different paces.
No kidding. *aims a kick at the School of Geosciences and general Science Faculty*

HSC
No kidding. *aims a kick at the School of Geosciences and general Science Faculty*
I'll take this to mean you haven't heard back about your honours application yet?

Which is amazingly screwy. You'll end up finding out about it after semester has officially started :(

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'll take this to mean you haven't heard back about your honours application yet?

Which is amazingly screwy. You'll end up finding out about it after semester has officially started :(
Pretty much yeah. Rawr. It'll be fine though, the coursework stuff probably won't start until second week, and thesis/research stuff starts whenever I'm ready to, lol.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
does it feel like your ever going to fall off? like i rekon unlike a push bike i'd unable to balance the weight itd feel weird
the first time you get moving (by somneone pushing you) and you put your foot up it feels a little weird, but not like you'll fall off - they're pretty stable.

not as easy as a push bike but still.

HSC
someone sociology help me choose a second year subject.

sp, i'm looking at you.

SCLG2609 Contemporary Cultural Issues
SCLG2611 Comparative Sociology of Welfare States
SCLG2613 Sociology of Childhood and Youth
SCLG2615 Law and Social Theory
SCLG2621 Power, Politics and Society
SCLG2622 Sociology of Knowledge
SCLG2623 Sociology of Terror

HSC
I've only done Comparative Sociology of Welfare States. It was reasonablu interesting, but not great. I would encourage you to stay away from Contemporary Cultural Issues, which I think is taken by the mind bogglingly terrible Anette Falahay.

Personally, I'd go with Sociology of Childhood or Law and Social Theory. (Or, if you're interested in political economy, Melinda Cooper's Contermpoary Sociological Theory course was pretty great).

HSC
I've only done Comparative Sociology of Welfare States. It was reasonablu interesting, but not great. I would encourage you to stay away from Contemporary Cultural Issues, which I think is taken by the mind bogglingly terrible Anette Falahay.

Personally, I'd go with Sociology of Childhood or Law and Social Theory. (Or, if you're interested in political economy, Melinda Cooper's Contermpoary Sociological Theory course was pretty great).
tyvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)