• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Winter Break Chatter Thread (2009) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Who is dreading uni?

HSC
or, 2,000 words a week, or about 285 a day
Yeah it's much better to think about it this way. But much more tempting to think of it as an insurmountable 20,000 word monolith :(

i'm doing sclg2621

hope it's not terrible
Power and Politics? I think it's taken by Karl Maton, and I think much of the subject matter is the same as what I looked at in SCLG4011. You'll probably be looking at the network society, Bourdieu, the New Capitalism, Foucault and the sociology of knowledge. Karl is a solid lecturer, and he provides good feedback for essays, although he does tend to complain a lot.

i went for sclg2615 in the end.

i hope the same.
I would have liked to have done this one :(

Remember that you can always turn up to a few SCLG classes in first week to see what the subjects are like before picking one.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
yeah that's the one sp. thanks for the info.

i have to do sclg2615 at some point too

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Can't believe uni is back on tmr. Not that I don't wanna go back, but I guess the thought of 8am wakes all four days of uni isn't really appealing.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
when a business (let's say, a brothel) wants a copy of your transcript for internship purposes, do you type it up in word... or scan then transcript?

dis is mainly for da engo fags (word up homies woop woop)

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
when a business (let's say, a brothel) wants a copy of your transcript for internship purposes, do you type it up in word... or scan then transcript?

dis is mainly for da engo fags (word up homies woop woop)
scan, save as pdf

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
hey how do I connect to the wireless network? It does not explain it very well on the usyd website

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Is anyone else as totally unorganised for uni as I am :(

Haven't gotten any books, printed any outlines, anything. I think I've got a pen and a piece of paper somewhere in here, so that's a start. The end of the holidays just kind of crept up when I wasn't looking :s

BRB printing outlines so I can at least know the names of the subjects I am going to tomorrow

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Is anyone else as totally unorganised for uni as I am :(

Haven't gotten any books, printed any outlines, anything. I think I've got a pen and a piece of paper somewhere in here, so that's a start. The end of the holidays just kind of crept up when I wasn't looking :s

BRB printing outlines so I can at least know the names of the subjects I am going to tomorrow
the uni hasn't exactly helped me get organised. some readers still not up on the copy centre site (or maybe those units don't have readers but the lecturers haven't emailed to say so, so i'm holding off on buying until i know). webCT not updated for semester 2, of course, so i can't get outlines and don't really know what i'll be studying except for the one-paragraph unit descriptions. haven't got exercise books yet, planning to go in early tomorrow to get the usyd crest ones from the campus store.

i bought highlighters today though! they'll run out of ink within two weeks and will never be replaced, but i still like having them so i can pretend that i'm going to apply myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)