Wisdom teeth suck! (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Hi all. I thought I'd enlighten everyone with my wisdom teeth saga since im stuck at homewith absolutely jack to do. If your getting it done maybe don't read it, although pretty sure I am the exception.

So I got all 4 wisdoms out in hospital last wednesday/ not yesterday last week.
The day of the surgery itself sucked arse. I didn't come out of anaesthetic very well and was kept in hospital for 2 nights. I giot a rash, I had no idea what was going on and I didn't meet the criteria for going home, which is to be awake and aware, to have something to eat and drink, and go to the toilet. When a nurse tried to get me to eat yoghurt, I threw it at her. I kept having one mouthful, then falling back asleep for several hours.

And they didn't put any gauze over the wounds? Which was a bit weird. Whenever my mouth filled up with blood, I other swallowed it or drooled!

4 days afterwoods, work starting calling me to see if I could do a short shift the following day, even though I had a medical certificate and had given several months notice. Because I oculdn't speak, my mum took the calls for me to tell them I couldn't speak or come to work.

So they started texting me instead.
At 3pm, I recieve a text from my director saying she was aware I am having trouble speaking but there was a very pressing issue she needed to discuss with her and could I call her asap.

So I call, and slur out who I am. She tells me this was the worst possible time for me to take off, and she is flat out and needs a hand. She is not satisfied with one of my portfolios and is going to bring it to my house for me to finish, along with some accreditation work- event hough thats not my responsibilty in my position, they are legal documents that are not allowed to leave the premises and even if I wanted to do them, couldn't do from home as don't have the resources in my home (and if I did, I would have them illegally).

So the next thing the owner shows up at my house with the box of work for me to do. Whilst I am crying and have a mouth full of blood, she tells me I can sms her when I done and she will pick them up and drop another box off for me.

So my mum gets home from work, and returned the box, unfinished, to my work and tells them I cannot speak, so she is doing it for me and I will be able to come back in a few days anyway. She also asks them not to concern me with work matters, and I cannot work from home while I am on sick leave.

So before she even gets home, I already have 2 pretty rude texts messages on my phone which don't really say anything at all of importance, aside from the fact that they cannot discuss work matters with family and I need to come and talk to them personally. I didn't respond.

I was pretty upset and thinking about resigning from my position when my sick leave is over. I got hardly any sleep that night, and in the morning I was congested. I fell asleep at about 8am, and my mum woke me up when she came home for her lunch break as I had broken out in a fever and was in pretty bad shape, with my face ballooned out bigger then the day of the procedure itself, so she took me to the oral surgeons office.

So then I had to get 2 different types of antibiotics cos my teeth, or rather, my non teeth were infected. My face was completely fat as and I had a massive bruise under my chin and on the left side of my face..mm very attractive! I was also given another week off work :) and the surgeon specified that I am entitled to spend this time not being harrassed by work, and if I have any problems the director can ring her to personally tell her this.

So then my mum called work, and told them she was calling on my behalf as I still cannot speak, and I will not be coming in for a week and unable to work from home during this time. She says that the owner kept cutting her off, and talking over the top of her about work issues that sheh has no idea about, she doesent work there. My mum also says they were really rude to her, I don't know what they said to her but am inclined to believe her!!!

So that is my wisdom teeth saga. I have lost 7 kilos in 8 days but its not a good thing and probably partly to do with the fact that I havent drunk enough water cos it too sore. Since I started the antibiotics I am a ton better but I still look like a chipmunk and no one can understand what I say, still have bruising as well. Every morning now I wake up with a new ailment. Today it was conjuctivitis and I was coughing up blood too! But probably only cos I swallow it.

The end!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Sounds like you've had a shit time. I spose you could have put on ice to reduce swelling etc - but it's probably too late. At this stage make sure you only eat soft foods - and dont be courgaous yet and go bite into that steak. Just take it easy and chew in the front of your mouth. You should also do salt water gargles. (pour some salt in water, then gargle it). You should have politley told work to get lost, as you are unfit for work. When you get back you should speak to them about it. Explain it's unfair to pressure you into work when you were obviously incapable of working. I wouldn't quit - but they need standing up to.
Keep smiling :) I remember when i had my wisdom teeth out - 4 days before o-week. Stung like a bitch when vodka hit the open wound! lol

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ouch about vodka + wisdom teeth. i am stillon soft foods and its 10 days after the fact :)
i still think im going to resign- i am going to london in january and have saved well over enough, and i can get casual work quite easily in my field. I would have told work politely to get lost but i cant talk anyway!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
hahaha totally write a letter about them being inconsiderate, have a card that says 'i cant speak, but this is for you'. and then hand them the letter. Then stand there while they read it, then walk off without saying anything :p guilt trip to max

EDIT - however if you did agree to doing the work, then it is kinda ur own fault.

rozymisty

HSC
I had mine out a year ago and I didnt need the packs fro very long. My main problem was the maxalon overdose, and resultant fits and tongue hanging out soooo much i was clamping down so hard to try and keep it in, with no avail till mum called 2 days later and i spent the night in the ER. Still feel as though some times my tongue is getting swollen

Pain, i didnt have much really, suprisingly. Did you have yours out under a GA?mhope your work situation is under control now.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ouch about the toungue..i am sure that would suck

its 10 days since i had them out and i am not really a lot better. today i chopped up a breadroll into many little pieces and swallowed them whole due to being starving but refusing to eat any more soup or mushy food, now i feel sick! i still cant really talk, still really swollen. it really sucks balls. i only have pain on one side, but it is not too bad. it just feels like i am biting the inside of my cheek all the time, it is more uncomfortable then anything. and yes it was under GA

work hasnt contacted me again butim not looking forward to going back!

old.skool.kid

HSC
My wisdom teeth are realy annoying me right now, i keep biteing my cheek wen i eat and i have this mad sore. Doc said i should wait to get tem out after the HSC, but hearing that account im not looking forward to it :(. That was abit mean throwing yougurt at the nurse though...

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
old.skool.kid said:
My wisdom teeth are realy annoying me right now, i keep biteing my cheek wen i eat and i have this mad sore. Doc said i should wait to get tem out after the HSC, but hearing that account im not looking forward to it :(. That was abit mean throwing yougurt at the nurse though...
I am having all four of mine out after the HSC, I am sick of dentists i have had in the past 2 years 2 root canals, and 10 fillings now my wisdom teeth out. :(

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
old.skool.kid said:

don't worry, that doesent happen to most people. there were 3 other people who got it the same day as me and i saw them all a week later at the post op checkup cos they had one too, and they were all perfectly normal. i am just one of those people who dont seem to take well to these things.

i think i just meant to push the yoghurt away but my reflexes were crap.

rozymisty

HSC
Gee something must be up if you still havent recovered, after 10days!! Especially the swelling!! I really hope that it goes away really soon for you so you can eat. You can only have so much soup and crap like that.

rozymisty

HSC
ewww thats revolting!! Are you....no no HAVE you been washing out your mouth after every meal with salty water? Thats meant to have kept the infection at bay. No wonder your miserable!!!

hehe happy drugs are good things

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
10 fillings? Holy shit.
I have been told by both my dentists that there is nothing wrong with my brushing or anything, or my diet, my teeth just decay easier then most people. I am dreading getting my wisdom's out..all 4 two appointments in the chair :(

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
aww poor you, was in same situation too before, I had to go to the hospital to have them removed...4 of them (impact wisdom teeth) and was out afterwards, can't hardly eat anything and my face looked like a pumpkin for 2 weeks, but looking back it was worth it because it's best to remove it asap before it starts fucking up the alignment of the back of the teeth if you leave it alone.

:mad: stupid evolution for not making our mouths bigger.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
mine are through not impacted just decayed.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
The horizontally impacted ones are the hard (and painful) ones to remove. I had 2 normal ones (upper jaw) and 2 horizontally impacted ones (bottom of mouth) that i got out.

Top ones stopped hurting in less than a day of recovery, the bottom ones kept hurting for another week or so (lots of ice and anti-inflammatories fixed that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)