• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wisdom teeth suck! (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
yeah i left mine in for a lot longer than needed, mainly coz they hadnt been causing much pain for most of the time. And as a result my teeth are now out of alignment and I will need braces as a result.

I would recommend taht you get them out under a general. That way you only have to worry about a needle in your hand, and its a pleasant feeling compared to the fear you get of going tot he dentist and them yanking at your jaw so hard!!

Sure its a bit more but hell its dam worth the extra few hundred.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Yeah yeah i washed my mouth out every 2 hours with salt water! I am one of those hyper-sensitive people who ALWAYS wind up with a horror story after medical procedures, i even remeber when i got the top of my ear pierced it swelled up for 3 weeks so i dont know. it really sucks cos i actually had b races for 2 years and my bottom teeth have been pushed out a bit. not keen to go back to work.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The only filling I have is in one of my wisdom teeth. Apparently they often don't fully form before they erupt, and so are much more likely to decay. I won't have to have them out though, because I had a set of mollars taken out years ago.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out via GA as well, the main problem i had was the stitches came loose after a day and i began biting on them and everytime i tried to eat soft foods it'll yank them which hurt like mad

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
The thought of my wisdom teeth (which are already fully formed) coming down makes me feel squeamish :bomb:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
this isnt a rant sub-forum.

on a side note,
i'd hate to a nurse.

no wonder most of them are mean.

i've got two lower impacted teeth.
havn't come out yet though.
so i got a few years.

i think maybe in a few years, i'll be in the ADF, so i can get them removed for free =]

tubtub

HSC
for those who had their removed, which hospital/dentist did you go to?

Pace_T

HSC
i had all 4 out yesterday morning. no pain whatsoever, during op and post-op (so far). im eating solids but also taking antibiotics just in case.

for me it was a total walk in the park. local and IV sedation, but i fell asleep the entire time anyway, well i dont remember it..

i dont see or feel any stitches. im not sure if they use them now?? but regardless my dentist had put them on the other side of my gums where my tongue doesn't go, so there would be no pain
wooo go me!

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
aaahhhhh! can't you just ask them to knock you out completely and get rid of all four in the one go?
no for some reason i can not... mine are through just decayed so hopefully they will not be too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)