With Uni preferences say I got accepted to my 5th preference but I changed my mind... (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
With Uni preferences say I got accepted to my 5th preference but I changed my mind and I want to actually go with my 8th preference, if I decline 5th preference will I still get the same chance as everyone else to get into the 8th preference?

if this helps

my 5th preference is medical science UNSW

my 8th preference is applied finance UMACQ

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: With Uni preferences say I got accepted to my 5th preference but I changed my min

If you get an offer you don't want you'll have to wait until the next round for a different offer - you'd have to move that 8th preference up if you wanted to get into it.

deswa

HSC
Re: With Uni preferences say I got accepted to my 5th preference but I changed my min

I know this is off topic but why are you asking about your 5th and 8th preferences? Are you assuming you won't get into your top four? (remember you can still re-order even after ATAR's). If you like your 8th preference more than your 5th, than why is it in 8th spot etc.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I didn't know you had 8 preferences, i thought it was only 5 :S Someone please explain

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Once you are made an offer you won't get another offer in that round so if you get your 5th round offer then you will not even be considered for your 8th in that round.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Don't you get nine preferences?

And if you change your mind, you can switch them on UAC. However cut-offs usually rise in later rounds, so it's really much better to really figure out what you want to do now.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Yeah basically I know i wont get into the top four preferences.

Ummm shadowdude, macq applied finance is like 88.5, but if I go for late round offers and Im around 5 atar points above whats the chance of me geting in it ?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Low. In later rounds, they fill up vacancies - and if it's a popular course, there aren't many, so the ATAR cut-off is usually 95+.

I was like you, I switched preferences mid-round and luckily I had bonus points. When I got in on the second round to Comm/Adv Maths, the cut-off was 99.95.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Low. In later rounds, they fill up vacancies - and if it's a popular course, there aren't many, so the ATAR cut-off is usually 95+.

I was like you, I switched preferences mid-round and luckily I had bonus points. When I got in on the second round to Comm/Adv Maths, the cut-off was 99.95.
This system of rounds is "SOOOOO" hard to understand man.

Okay say I want my 1st or second preference but I dont get them in main round, do I have to keep them 1st/2nd preference to be able to try them out for late round?? dude what if this happens, I got accepted my 5th preference at main round but I sitll want to have a chance to try out for 1st/2nd preference during late round? if I accept my 5th preference in main round will I still have this opportunity or do I actually have to risk it and not accept the 5th preference which they gave me offer and wait till later round and hopefully they give me 1st/2nd preference? ffs this so hard to understand.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

You can change your preferences whenever you want. If you get accepted into 5th, in your later rounds - your preferences 1 to 4 will be considered.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

This system of rounds is "SOOOOO" hard to understand man.
Nope. Its pretty easy if you rank preference in terms of the course you want not the ATAR restriction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)