Witness Module B (1 Viewer)

snorelacks

HSC
How did you think the question was? I thought the question was a bit twisted and tricky to answer

Weezle

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it was tricky. I talked about how Book goes to the Amish and he struggles not to use violence because of his way of life back in mainstream society etc. Example, when he hits the tourist, when he brings the gun into the house, when he grabs the black guy. I also spoke about how he individually struggles with forbidden love such as the dancing in the barn scene etc. I think I answered the question quite well. Expecting a good mark.

oisac

HSC
Yeah l loved the question l wrote about Nudity scene, barn raising scene (daniel stares at book) + eli stares at rachel bcs she serves book first and how book is a thread to the amish or someshit liek taht and i talked about the barn dancing scene. expecting 14 minimum. then i briefly mentioned of how the clothes doesnt fit ( clothes of rachels ded husband) and how she says book in this house you must listen to the rules and shit after he see's samuel with the gun. nd daht.FUARK talked about comformity verse non conformity,, and culture give me 14 +/20

Last edited:

oisac

HSC
Yeah it was tricky. I talked about how Book goes to the Amish and he struggles not to use violence because of his way of life back in mainstream society etc. Example, when he hits the tourist, when he brings the gun into the house, when he grabs the black guy. I also spoke about how he individually struggles with forbidden love such as the dancing in the barn scene etc. I think I answered the question quite well. Expecting a good mark.
+ 1 dude.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
damn. i could not relate to the question
so i wrote some general stuff not struggling like
Samuel struggling to understand the significance of the funeral showing his innocence
and Samuel struggling to under stand the unfamiliar environment in the train station
and How Book struggled initially to settle in with the Amish

i ended up with 3 and half pages

I'm so stuffed for this module

oisac

HSC
damn. i could not relate to the question
so i wrote some general stuff not struggling like
Samuel struggling to understand the significance of the funeral showing his innocence
and Samuel struggling to under stand the unfamiliar environment in the train station
and How Book struggled initially to settle in with the Amish

i ended up with 3 and half pages

I'm so stuffed for this module
l tended more so to stick with the one individual, however l believe your point about the funeral is bad [no offence] the train station is a good one, did you explain the high angle shot from the height of the angel, samuel representing the vulnerability of the amish towards violence.? ...and what points did you have for book struggled initially to settle in ?

HSC
That was such a stupid q, it screwed me up. I talked about how Book enters the Amish world etc and struggles because of the cultural differences e.g. his struggle with Rachel they couldn't be together using the barn dance scene because of the culture blah blah, talked about the gun scene and how it destroys Samuel's innocence and how Eli and Rachel struggled because of this and having John around, um how John struggles wth abiding my the Amish rules using the icecream incident... I basically just used my themes and related it to how it created an individual struggle for the character :S mostly Book. =S and I only wrote 3.5 pages (large writing) because I was thrown off and had to plan my response and then ran out of time :mad:

HSC
I found it tricky also because I'd never seen anything like it in the past and I had mainly been preparing for like a given scene/ theme based q or character based question.

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
yup thats exactly what i wrote.
then I waffled on how through the form of a film, Weir is able to incorporate use of motiff, and waffled about the scenes with the windows and doorways,
how did acted as barriers, contributing to the character's struggle.
Generally if the marks for witness essays are lower this year, I think they will recognize it was a tough question and scale it accordingly.
I heard my advanced friends doing Hamlet, that it was tough too.

iallan

HSC
N/A
Individual struggles could also be interpreted through the contrasing attitudes and views of both words through the individuals.

kaur154

HSC
i talked about rachel and book's worlds being too different and they cant be together- make choices etc etc

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Definitely a tricky question, took my little head a while to get around it and to think of some examples of individual struggles.
Reading through the thread I discussed very similar aspects to everyone else here; struggles with John assimilating to the Amish culture, struggles with Samuel being exposed to untraditional Amish practices - violence and what not, and how Eli struggles with coming to terms with this, also rambled about Rachel and her struggles and the choices she is forced to make. Blah, blah, blah. >.>

catalyst91

HSC
Good work guys :) Everyone who has posted here seems to have answered it relatively well. Considering it was an unexpected question - I think I went alright.
Talked about Book's and Rachel's struggle to develop their relationship , Eli's struggle to accept their relationship and Book's struggle to assimilate into Amish society.
Did everyone remember to include their techniques? Eg. Camera angles, themes, music etc.

HSC
Did everyone remember to include their techniques? Eg. Camera angles, themes, music etc.
Was about to ask that, my sentence structure kept drifting so I had to continually remember to throw in a technique and then make up some way as to how that better reveals the character's struggles, etc

LachyLane

HSC
That question threw me off a little... I pretty much spoke about Book and Rachel's struggle to be together because of the differing societies in which they live in. I also related it to the difficulties the Amish and English worlds co-existing, and how Weir's perspective of the Amish and their passiveness is in some respects better than our own. The question was tricky though! It's usually in simple terms "how does weir create themes in witness" or "how does this scene create ideas explored through witness".

I still used film techniques though, but because i left it till last (the other two i aced) i only managed 4 pages (although my writing's small so 7-10 words per line) but the pgs were sophisticated. Plus, i used film techniques that directly related to Struggles with Book and Rachel, so idk here's hoping! :D

Last edited:

isabella_t

HSC
HAHA yep full marks right there with your brilliant spelling, grammar and punctuation! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)