WLM (MSN) 8.0 Released (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
my quetion remains unanswered :p Is there anything fancy available for my good ol Windows2000

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
i meant 7.5...and it is slower, im running xp pro
Seems its your system rather than the program itself dear

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Yup, it's called Windows XP :p
awww damn it :(

I might buy myself a new computer this year this one is shit neway :p

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
AsyLum said:
Seems its your system rather than the program itself dear
yeah lol im thinking that now...computer running slower...should format it soon..

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah i got a q abt msg plus too...is it sypware/adware? is it useless or it is alrite to have it? i don't want to yet until im sure its not crap..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There is malware included with the install as a 'sponsor' program, but you have the choice to NOT install it

cjwrighty

Look out UOW here I come!
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
yeah i got a q abt msg plus too...is it sypware/adware? is it useless or it is alrite to have it? i don't want to yet until im sure its not crap..
I just dont bother installing the sponser program, because i never believe that they are safe. It is more than likely one of those programs that slows down the computer and pops up every few minutes, u know spyware and malware

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The sponsor is OPTIOnAL. Its not spyware, just adware. (It wont do anything malicious, just annoy the hell out of you with ads. )

In the install make sure you read every window, (i.e dont just keep clicking next) and select to NOT install the sponsor.

The actual msgplus program has no malware/adware/spyware. It is completely safe.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ah ok...thanks rafy. yeah, i prefer to go through every step and do a custom install...esp with installing real player and stuff coz it just installs all this unwanted crap..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rafy said:
The sponsor is OPTIOnAL. Its not spyware, just adware. (It wont do anything malicious, just annoy the hell out of you with ads. )

In the install make sure you read every window, (i.e dont just keep clicking next) and select to NOT install the sponsor.

The actual msgplus program has no malware/adware/spyware. It is completely safe.
Has he changed the sponsor? I remember the first time he intro'd it, and was pissed off to find that it screwed pretty deep into the registry

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
politik said:
I would put the entire RealPlayer program itself in the 'Unwanted Crap' category.

lol i'd have to agree with you at this point in my life because realplayer really is screwed up, i don't think i can get rid of it until i format my comp..

and does this happen to everyone as well: everytime i turn my comp on, msn automatically signs me in and as soon as it does, ofcourse it displays new emails and then about 10 other of those blinkies saying people have signed it..and i know for a fact that they didn't sign in at the point..it just does it..for no apparent reason, all of them cascade..why? its not even the point at which they sign in..and coz my comp aint all that fast, it takes a while to go away..

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Could be cause your comp is slow MSN is tricked into thinking that when you online contacts list is populated, it displays them as all going online at that instance. The other reason might be a slow ISP.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
So yeh you should messPatch it to remove all the advertisements, and nudge protection :eek:

You are also recommended Plus! it, it's got a very nicely designed HTML-based chat logs, search for text in current session function and sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)