Wolf Whistling... (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
Riviet said:
Guys have their own reasons for doing it... I don't do it myself but I think it's very intimidating for the ladies.
LOL Oh, Brian! Ever the gentleman! :p

As for me with the whistling... Sometimes it is flattering, but most of the time I feel insulted and degraded... Who knows what they mean when their whistling! So I guess that's why I take offense... :eek:

Last edited:

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
SHOWUSYATITS!

fuck i hate guys who do that
*chanting*
"Tits out for the boys, we said tits-out-for-the-boys!"
Peer pressure, works every time.

This is usually followed up by replacing "tits" with either "snatch" or "xbox".

HSC
99% of the time guys don't wolf whistle for a sexual reason. They did it at my old school:

a) To stand out from the crowd.

b) To be more masculine --> after the whistle, (for example I saw this happen quite a few times), the boys would go into a series of post-comments like: "Getya gash out!" (mocking the westies/rednecks), "Flop ya tits!" (Mocking chauvinism), "Omg, thats a huuuge bitch!" (if this really tall guy in my grade would have been there... to piss im off), "Footy, footy, footy, footy, footy...." (Rugby Union is a masculine suport --> promotes themselves, etc.), "MUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTT!" (Mut is another nickname for a girl's part --> Zammit --> Zam(mit) --> Zam(mut) --> mut. Nick name for this guy in my year. It was also to recognise and tease him) etc.

c) etc.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
Its annoying when they beep aswell when they are driving past.. what do they expect us to do? run after them?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
weneva i whisle 2 sum chiks dey shud lyk cum say hi cuz i fink der buderful

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha if i could whistle loudly i would do it, but heres what i think it means: you are hot.

plain and simple, it doesnt really mean we want to follow you home and bang you,,, its more to make you embarassed or what not that we are openly aprecciating your looks.
and occasionally you get really good responses, like a wave, a blown kiss etc etc...in which case u stop and introduce yourself to the lovely *modest* lady

and its a bit of fun, dont be scared cause we arent looking to assult you, just teasing you abit

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
pmr_123 said:
i just want to know exactly why guys whistle at girls when they're walking down the street...

i know i should be flattered when it happens, but really i find it embarassing, and want to get away as quickly as possible.

so girls how do you feel when it happens?
and
guys, why do you do it?

do you think you're going to pick up???

do you think it impresses us???

sorry lebos do not post on this forum they are too busy at maccas trying to be black with their black eyed peas and 50 cent (hardcore hip hop yo). So why r u asking us?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
xox_eMz_xox said:
Its annoying when they beep aswell when they are driving past.. what do they expect us to do? run after them?

no they expect you to laugh at how they are going to be in debt for the rest of their life since they got an expensive loan for a nice car which will be worth half of what they paid for it when its time to sell it.

Lainee

HSC
Serius said:
haha if i could whistle loudly i would do it, but heres what i think it means: you are hot.

plain and simple, it doesnt really mean we want to follow you home and bang you,,, its more to make you embarassed or what not that we are openly aprecciating your looks.
and occasionally you get really good responses, like a wave, a blown kiss etc etc...in which case u stop and introduce yourself to the lovely *modest* lady

and its a bit of fun, dont be scared cause we arent looking to assult you, just teasing you abit
This is certain: I'll never stop to talk to someone who just wolf-whistled at me. It's a crude thing to do and in poor taste, so I'll expect the guy to be equally as crude and uncultured. And it's not a matter of being 'scared' for me, it's embarassing to have my looks drawn attention to in such a tactless manner. I'm flattered by stares or a smile, even a wink if it's done subtly, but wolf whistling and cat calling is silly at best of times and offensive at the worst.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Lainee said:
This is certain: I'll never stop to talk to someone who just wolf-whistled at me. It's a crude thing to do and in poor taste, so I'll expect the guy to be equally as crude and uncultured. And it's not a matter of being 'scared' for me, it's embarassing to have my looks drawn attention to in such a tactless manner. I'm flattered by stares or a smile, even a wink if it's done subtly, but wolf whistling and cat calling is silly at best of times and offensive at the worst.
GREAT POST!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Lainee said:
yeah silly is probably what me and my mates intend its supposed to be tacky and uncultured, makes it more funny... its not like when you are out with your mates , you make an honnest attempt to pickup. its more a bit of fun than anything, but i concede there are some people out there who do it to intimidate or harass girls, or who are honnestly so stupid as to think its a goodway to pickup.

its funniest when u do it to people you know

Comrade nathan

HSC
I have only wolf wistled if the girl is with her boyfriend and im drunk.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Too many feminists in this thread. Distorts general opinion.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Lainee said:
but it's funny :/

i'd do it to you all day just to annoy you

i dont care if you're not hot, it's funny

does that make me sexist?

or possibly just normal with a sense of homour

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
wolf whisting is stupid and immature... i occasionally do it to my girlfriends but im not trying to tune or anything, im just annoying them.. its so much more successful to ask wait for ey contact, wave and then use the universal hand signal for call me,

ART

HSC
SlaminSammy said:
wolf whistling...

YET.... me personally... i have no problem doing the wolf whistle (not that loud - just a flattering little one) whilst we're about to have hot passionate sex... it makes a woman less self concious about her looks ( WHICH MOST GIRLS ARE - thats my impression anyways - you know you see a girl walking down the street... trying to keep her handbag out of sight because she realised it doesnt match... or the fact that she tried on 7 different types of shoes before meeting me for coffee or what ever...)

girls please i'd love some feed back... pretty much what your thoughts about it are... so just put your thinking caps on... id love some truthful opinons on it
Um, why don't you just say "Wow, you look gorgeous today" instead of resorting to whistling? Take my advice, it's a MUCH more flattering (and gentleman-like) way to "make a woman less self conscious about her looks". Furthermore, while u may think it is kind to "flatter" the girl walking down the street by whistling, the act is still degradatory.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
What's so degrading about it...?
:confused: :confused:

A whistle will never kill you... :D

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
YBK said:
Yeah, seems like it. But I wonder why...
Cos it makes them feel that they are objects that are constantly being judged and viewed as being either hot, or not. This degrades them, because it makes them feel less human.

Pierotte

HSC
Oh yeah well i dont know about you but when someone wolf whistles at me ill drike drop everything and run after them going OMG SEX ME SEX ME NOW!!!

Nah, im not that fucked.

Personally im a horrible claimer...

i.e. ill turn around at every wolf whistle, directed at me or not.

For a couple of months my friends would wolf whistle when they saw me walking past just so i would turn around then theyd shout out "CLAIMER!!"

gah.

Although like someone said before if its just a quiet little wolf whistle it can be ridiculously flattering!

Like the other night a group of 3 guys walked past ( i was with my brother :S:S im cool ) anyway and one uttered a really quiet "Ciao ..... Bella" (there was another word in there (meo?) i think, but i dont speak italian so ??) He just kept walking, i just kept walking, but it was all like oo warm fuzzies cuz i dont think anyong else heard it.

Its just complimentary if its not show offy and if they dont expect anything from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)