Wollongong or Macquarie University? Help! (1 Viewer)

eja2000

HSC
Hi guys!

I'm wondering which university would be best for me. I want to study Commerce (Human Resource Management) and I'm torn between Wollongong and Macquarie. In your opinions, which is best for both my course, and in general?

Thanks! :smile:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
They're far away from each other. So... personally I'd choose Macquarie, but if you tell me you live in like... South Beach Wollongong or something - then UoW might be a better bet.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
yiew the shire!

i'm a shire boy, i'd pick Macquarie though, wollongong let anyone in, not to say that they don't teach well, but it deducts from your achievments when people with atars of 50 are doing the same degree as you

i'd do B Commerce at MQU, maybe with a second major in finance, or something, they have a really strong business school i'm pretty sure

(if you can push your marks to around 91-92 you can get into UNSW(using bonus points), that's where i go, and i really like it)

i was in the same boat as you during my hsc so i know it's tough choosing between a 40min drive, or a 1.5hours train trip, but think about the long run...

Last edited:

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
yiew the shire!

i'm a shire boy, i'd pick Macquarie though, wollongong let anyone in, not to say that they don't teach well, but it deducts from your achievments when people with atars of 50 are doing the same degree as you

i'd do B Commerce at MQU, maybe with a second major in finance, or something, they have a really strong business school i'm pretty sure

(if you can push your marks to around 91-92 you can get into UNSW(using bonus points), that's where i go, and i really like it)

i was in the same boat as you during my hsc so i know it's tough choosing between a 40min drive, or a 1.5hours train trip, but think about the long run...
I don't see why having people with a low ATAR in your degree should deduct from it.

UoW is a great uni, and unfortunately it does cop a lot of flack from people who don't go there. I can't say much about the Commerce degree but personally I'd just go to whatever uni was closest.

Yolando

Banned
HSC
N/A
tbh as long as you go to a main uni, it doesn't really make a difference (by main i mean UWS, western sydney, macq, nsw, sydney etc.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Go to the closer one.

Also, if they let shitter people in it just means you'll probs be able to do better in comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)