Wollongong University (1 Viewer)

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
Anyone else apply for selective entry there?
Anyone else here been told to go for an interview?
I'm happy and nervous at the same time, i need this to go well for me. The stress and things going on atm makes it seem like my atar may be below par, which could make it much harder for me to get into what i would really enjoy.
Nervous times... stressful times.

animerocker

HSC
I've got an interview on the 24th for engineering and mathematics. YAY!!!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
UoW is shit, the assumed knowledge for engineering courses is Physics and "2unit Maths"
HSC 2012? Sorry, didn't realise you'd been to UoW - don't talk about how 'shit' it is, especially when its just for something like assumed knowledge.

UoW is a very good uni. Does it carry the prestige of say UNSW or USYD? Of course not! Engineering and particularly Informatics wise however it is definitely a great uni.

Mr Slick

Banned
HSC
N/A
HSC 2012? Sorry, didn't realise you'd been to UoW - don't talk about how 'shit' it is, especially when its just for something like assumed knowledge.

UoW is a very good uni. Does it carry the prestige of say UNSW or USYD? Of course not! Engineering and particularly Informatics wise however it is definitely a great uni.
So you are saying it is better than UNSW for engineering courses?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
So you are saying it is better than UNSW for engineering courses?
My god, did I say that? No. I said it's a great uni - I think it's ridiculous to just flat out compare courses like that.

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
I'm going for an interview for Civil Engineering there.
They have a pretty okay rep for engineering. Obviously not as good as say UNSW, though the rep of uni's doesn't mean everything, say if i had top marks at UoW and you had bad marks at UNSW i would probably get the job over you.

D94

HSC
N/A
They have a pretty okay rep for engineering. Obviously not as good as say UNSW, though the rep of uni's doesn't mean everything, say if i had top marks at UoW and you had bad marks at UNSW i would probably get the job over you.
Can I make an interjection? Objectively speaking, that situation will probably never happen - you will be also competing with top UNSW, USyd, UoW, UTS students, so isolating it to a good UoW student and a bad UNSW student doesn't say much or carry much meaning in real world situations.

HSC
Can I make an interjection? Objectively speaking, that situation will probably never happen - you will be also competing with top UNSW, USyd, UoW, UTS students, so isolating it to a good UoW student and a bad UNSW student doesn't say much or carry much meaning in real world situations.
more likely the firm will pick up the student with the most work experience, the highest gpa and the most networking done.

i doubt they really care which uni.

Mr Slick

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why don't you apply for UNSW, I am pre sure your atar will be over 90

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
I am applying for UNSW and UTS. Just rather have a backup. Also the way im feeling heading to the hsc with lots of issues going on, im not as confidant of a high atar anymore.
Also i like wollongong so i would be pretty happy to go there anyway.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I had half a mind to go to UoW, when I put Adv. Maths at UoW as one of my higher options - I even got a call from one of the people there about maths, and the possibility of taking English as well - because maths goes well with English according to the person I talked to.

It was a nice, personable experience.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I am applying for UNSW and UTS. Just rather have a backup. Also the way im feeling heading to the hsc with lots of issues going on, im not as confidant of a high atar anymore.
Also i like wollongong so i would be pretty happy to go there anyway.
Well in terms of the campus itself, I personally find it much more appealing than UTS, and mostly more appealing than USyd/UNSW (although I will admit, USyd is just too big otherwise it'd look great).

I had half a mind to go to UoW, when I put Adv. Maths at UoW as one of my higher options - I even got a call from one of the people there about maths, and the possibility of taking English as well - because maths goes well with English according to the person I talked to.

It was a nice, personable experience.
I think they do this for everyone - call to see if you're keen to go to UoW. I remember receiving a quick call about it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well in terms of the campus itself, I personally find it much more appealing than UTS, and mostly more appealing than USyd/UNSW (although I will admit, USyd is just too big otherwise it'd look great).

I think they do this for everyone - call to see if you're keen to go to UoW. I remember receiving a quick call about it.
Good initiative, imo.

Gets them a lot of brownie points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)