Women and the glass ceiling (2 Viewers)

omnipotent

HSC
Some women can actually be quite unemotional. Something to do with idunno... individuality?

Just as you have some guys who cling to girls like a baby koala, there are girls who value rational thinking over any emotional factors.
and those are the ones who do end up at the top. However this is a minority.

etoile rouge

HSC
OP - are you studying Fay Weldon?
Women like her are the reason there is a glass ceiling imposed on women:

Fay Weldon: 'Women would find life easier if they picked up men's socks and cleaned the loo' | Mail Online

It gets 'better' towards the end.
Absolutely ridiculous attitude which explains her having been divorced 3 times. *facepalm*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not active feminist and I fully acknowledge that women and men are not equal due to physiological and psychological factors which would inhibit women from having positions high up in the business world and whatnot. Also, the fact that women bear children has a huge impact on the 'glass ceiling' because having children (i assume) completely changes a woman's outlook and motivations in life more than a man (again i assume, due to the fact it grows IN us)

The glass ceiling exists, I don't see it changing because we cannot change our physiological and psychological makeup.
Women generally ARE more emotional which serves for more conventional purposes: being the carers. It shouldn't be seen as being unequal to men, as being taken care of requires more than just money and a high power job. It requires a woman, haha. :p
Yes we are studying her. :( I agree w/ ur pov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)