Women only carparks (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In all honesty I wish there were wider parking spaces... I hate it how some places have such narrow spots that if the guys on both sides are parked close to the line (nearest to you on both cases), a normal sized car (e.g. current generation Lancer of mine- i.e. the CJ Lancer) can't open the drivers door even if I am parked right up next to the line (blocking one of the other cars from opening their door). It sucks. There needs to be more regulation of this.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Haha this made my day. I guess bigger spaces would be awesome, but white lines would make more sense. Shame they don't have these for the elderly/learners too

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel sorry for learners who thought they would try and learn to park on the 27th of december this year in their local shopping centres. But I felt even more sorry for people like me who wasted petrol waiting for them to park.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
In all honesty I wish there were wider parking spaces... I hate it how some places have such narrow spots that if the guys on both sides are parked close to the line (nearest to you on both cases), a normal sized car (e.g. current generation Lancer of mine- i.e. the CJ Lancer) can't open the drivers door even if I am parked right up next to the line (blocking one of the other cars from opening their door). It sucks. There needs to be more regulation of this.
I cant relate, i havent ever had trouble parking in a designated bay. I do drive a pretty small car though and often i laugh it up as i grab a space close to the door that other people have left alone because two huge 4wd are parked right on the line on either side.

Really, they should be making cars smaller, not spaces smaller. Perhaps we could have a range of space sizes though, about 10% can be large size spaces, 10% for small cars [near the entrance or on the ends of rows and such, and 80% stay as normal.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I cant relate, i havent ever had trouble parking in a designated bay. I do drive a pretty small car though and often i laugh it up as i grab a space close to the door that other people have left alone because two huge 4wd are parked right on the line on either side.

Really, they should be making cars smaller, not spaces smaller. Perhaps we could have a range of space sizes though, about 10% can be large size spaces, 10% for small cars [near the entrance or on the ends of rows and such, and 80% stay as normal.
Fucking bonus to riding motorcycles.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
because free parking in designated and undesignated spots isn't good enough
and fwiw I'm strongly opposed to this, to say that only women need it is a massive insult

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I suppose it also depends on where you live and drive. I live and work in the CBD and have secure underground parking spots both at home and at work but they are damn narrow! This is still better than some of the improvised parking lots I have parked in whereby someone has approximately guesstimated where the lines should be and drawn them in without really thinking about the necessary width required not just for the car but also for the doors to open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)