Woolworths interview!?!?! (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
I applied online for woolworths last week when no jobs at the local store were advertised. Then I got a call at the start of the week asking me to come in for an interview. I went to the interview today and the lady told me not to bring anything.
All she did was give me that test on the order sheet and barcodes (I finished!!:)), then asked me when I was available to work, what I liked about school and then a few hypothetical questions. At the end she said that if I got through I'd be called next week for another interview and then my induction would be on saturday and my first day of work on monday.
Can anyone tell me what this second interview would be like?
I didn't do a group interview so would it be where they look at my school reports and ask me different questions?
Or would it basically mean that I got the job and they would just tell me about the work ans shifts and get all of my details?
I'm worried because this interview was so easy so will the next one be really hard?

T

Testpilot

I can't talk about Woolies in particular, but i'm guessing that the interview won't be that hard, after all its just a lowly position such as checkout operator, its not as if you've applied for managerial work. My last job interview was for a full time job/scholarship and they asked me virtually nothing, we just spoke about school.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It kinda depends on your manager/interviewer cos my recent Woolies 2nd interview was a little intense for just a checkout chick job. Bring your resume, some ID and anything else you think is relevant. It should'nt be hard but be prepared for a few icebreaker q's like "Tell me about yourself" and weakness questions.

If you seem competent, mature and are polite, it should be a breeze.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i also got told about the job, and what it involved, and whether i thought i would be able to manage it and stuff

L

littlewing69

Divzorz said:
I have a group interview for woolworths tomorrow, I'm quite confident but I'm not sure how smart to dress. What I was thinking was, I have these black pants that look really smart, and id have this navy blue t-shirt with a logo on it, and black shoes. is this too casual? my parents think it will be fine, so I wont stress.

I'm going for a collared dress shirt and black pants for mine.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Simple rule: dress like you are a Woolies slave. Black shoes, white collared shirt and black pants.

xizoran

HSC
16 yr old casual is $9.6417 but in january the last union payrise comes in so itl go to $9.8065

Black Hawker

HSC
xizoran said:
16 yr old casual is $9.6417 but in january the last union payrise comes in so itl go to $9.8065
Woah that's pretty good compared to Maccas. I'm going to apply soon. What are the work like and what kind of benefits apart from the pay do you get? Heard they give shares, but don't know exact details. Thanks for the info xizoran.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
No more shares.

You get a 5% discount card sometime down the track.

Divzorz

HSC
Just got back from the group interview, there were a lot of people there, maybe 15-20. It went well, I have no idea how I did though, they didn't really say much. How long can I expect to get a phone call back?

Scanorama

HSC
I guess the 2nd interview is the one on one interview with the department manager? Basically the manager will tell you what the job is like then ask you why he should give you the job and your previous employment history (if any) as well as your avaliabilty.

Its nothing hard, its not like this is a real job. As long as you answer all the questions in a sensible way and smile a lot, then you will get it

Divzorz

HSC
LOL I know, but if I dont get this job it's unlikely I will at all for the summer holidays.

Anyway, I got a 2nd interview tomorrow so its all good. I was told to bring my school report, I can see this being much easier now :)

Pilotdude

HSC
Ive just finished some relief as a recruitment officer and where i live in Northwest WA we have a major staff shortage, we dont run group interviews, you just come in and you can have your second interview with the store manager if hes available then you have a job, the only ones we dont employ are the dumb/slow, or no personality types.

HSC
Pilotdude said:
the only ones we dont employ are the dumb/slow, or no personality types.
thats so true. there were 14 people at my interview, all applying for different stores. everyone who looked presentable got a position. of the two that didnt, one was dressed appallingly, and the other seemed unable to string a mature sentence together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)