wordsworth/malouf- module A (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
ah.. well, it's quite obvious in Imaginary Life, towards the end.. how he trancends his physical form.. I can't seem to recall this happening any where in WW's poems.. is it during his 'elevated thoughts' that he imagines himself in nature, and having did that, left his physical state?

Grr... for the speech assessment task, my friend did something about this trancendence... should have paid more attention >_<

Naji

it applies to wordsworth to trust me... the prelude and tintern abbey are full of references to it...

arn_e

HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
Well you could say that. The Wordsworth poems are very invigorating and tranquil and Malouf's book is just brilliant. I'm reading it again actually for the 5th time.

Most definitly dude,i have also read it a good 5 or six times and this topic has certainly opend my mind up......

braindead

HSC
since u people r completely obsessed with ww/im, can u do me a fat favour and help me with techniques used in Imaginary Life?

arn_e

HSC
ill start off

one basic technique is the contrast bettween Ovids two states,

ie. The cynical poet contrasted with him l8er as he "meshes" with nature...

braindead

HSC
is that technique? i mean the way malouf rites, like
umm flashbacks, frst person...?

tempco

HSC
Yeh.. I was a bit doubtful the first time I read arn_e's post.. I would say that constrasting would be his purpose.. this was achieved through.. say.. metaphors, how Ovid "became" the landscape, highlighting the difference between his frivolity in Rome, and his state of communion in nature.

o0Lucy0o

HSC
so...class of 2006!!....what do we think of these two texts??? post your opinion! :)

Naylyn

HSC
I've had to concentrate on The Solitary Reaper out of WW's poetry in class because that was the poem that my group had to do in class and I found that there were a lot of good links to an imaginary life ie the idea that a single experience can change the way a person thinks, in AIL this is the both Ovids experience with the poppy and his experience in exile, also the idea of simple people living close to nature and the fact that they have a more profound understanding of the natural world and through this a greater understanding of life in general.

umm well you are going to have fun interpret this! XD

o0Lucy0o

HSC
yeah i do understand what u mean! i find both texts quite interesting and it is easy to find similarities and differences when comparing them! malouf's connection with nature is more a physical one he IS nature, whereas wordsworths connection is that of spiritual, he looks onto nature as in "a solitary reaper"! or sumthing like that!!!! haha do you like malouf?

nicci69

HSC
oh man you guys seem kinda confident in this module meanwhile that little squirming thing on the ground is actually me- dying- as i have read half of imaginary life, none of WordsWorth and sparknotes has let me down for the first time ever. *sad times*
HSC in one week... w000ooo...
so umm i have the general idea of imaginary life as I have written out notes about it.. but whats WW about and how do they contrast?
love xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)