Work environment or the money? (1 Viewer)

bosanon95

HSC
N/A
Here's the thing, would you rather have option 1: a high paying job that pays you around $23-$24 an hour BUT you just hate the job, the work environment is bad and the manager and colleagues treat you badly and you don't get much progression in the job---ie. doing the same monotonous and repetitive task over and over again.

OR
Option 2: Would you rather have a job. That pays you around $13 an hour but the people there are nice and the manager thinks highly of you and you enjoy working there always.

As I currently have 2 jobs and I'm considering quitting one of them.
So fellow BOSers. Are you in for the money or the work environment?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Which one do you think looks 'better' on your resume?

mreditor16

HSC
work environment

without a doubt

unless they're paying single digits per hour lol.

bosanon95

HSC
N/A
imo, choosing a more stressful, frustrating job just for looking better on the resume is stupid.
Unless it's a professional job like the bottom end of a law firm, accounting/ engineering firm then obviously you'll have to bear with a grin and suck it up.

But both these jobs I'm referring to aren't really professional. They are just your regular casual jobs in the labour market, with $10 difference in pay but a huge difference in work environment.

Option 1 is a restaurant and option 2 is sales at a shopping centre.

mreditor16

HSC
Unless it's a professional job like the bottom end of a law firm, accounting/ engineering firm then obviously you'll have to bear with a grin and suck it up.

But both these jobs I'm referring to aren't really professional. They are just your regular casual jobs in the labour market, with $10 difference in pay but a huge difference in work environment.

Option 1 is a restaurant and option 2 is sales at a shopping centre.
go with option 2

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
option 1, u need to learn how to deal with cunts

bosanon95

HSC
N/A
option 1, u need to learn how to deal with cunts
Fine. Then teach me how to deal with cunt like managers who put you down and think that you're not suitable for the job and giving you a hard time at work ALL the time?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Fine. Then teach me how to deal with cunt like managers who put you down and think that you're not suitable for the job and giving you a hard time at work ALL the time?
how long are avg shifts at this job?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately that will probably happen for most of your working life.

mp2250

HSC
Here's the thing, would you rather have option 1: a high paying job that pays you around $23-$24 an hour BUT you just hate the job, the work environment is bad and the manager and colleagues treat you badly and you don't get much progression in the job---ie. doing the same monotonous and repetitive task over and over again.

OR
Option 2: Would you rather have a job. That pays you around $13 an hour but the people there are nice and the manager thinks highly of you and you enjoy working there always.

As I currently have 2 jobs and I'm considering quitting one of them.
So fellow BOSers. Are you in for the money or the work environment?
If you're at a point where money isn't really that tight and the extra money per hour doesn't matter, option 2 every single time.

bosanon95

HSC
N/A
how long are avg shifts at this job?
Option 1 varies. Since I'm casual, sometimes I get 4 hours a week or sometimes I get 18-19 hours a week. One shift is around 4-5 hours.

Option 2 is casual/part time. Can be negotiated. One shift is 9 hours long. I can work around 2-5 days week.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
If you urgently need quick cash, go for option 1. However, option 2 would be the best in the long run.

bosanon95

HSC
N/A
tbh, option 1 is actually a fast food restaurant. I won't mention names but you can pm me if you want to know which fast food chain it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)