work relationships (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what do you think of them? why are they unprofessional? are they only unprofessional in more serious work, rather than the work that most teens do, like maccas? why do people lose their job over them?

i don't think there is anything wrong with people meeting at work. as long as they aren't all over each other while they are actually at work. i know plenty of married people who met at work.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i think the big issue is sleeping with someone from work
getting a raise or a bonus for messing with the boss
or dating someone from work..having problems and causing conlict at work
getting distracted on the job
i dunno..that kinda stuff i see in the movies
but not really at work..(woolies)...

esxcept i know a girl who was sleeping with the manager of makkas and she got a pay rise and extra money bonuses etc...
she stupidly told her friends that worked there and they got found out and fired ..lol..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If you have relations with people from work, you can feel awkward around them. People also make accusations if you play favourites with them.

However, if you're at some dodgy-teenager-temp-job-till-you-finish-school, then yeah, go nuts. Who cares if anything happens, the worlds your oyster!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if you're in a different work rank, then i think its a huge issue about power etc.

as the same with student teacher relationships. not because of the age, but because of the power a teacher holds.

I mean, how fucking awkward would it be to watch your boss, who's your ex-boyfriend, try to stay professional with you?

"Can you please clean this up".

you can never feel equal to him/her.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
a large percentage of relationships begin through work. It's a good place to meet new ppl.........if you handle it ok it should be able to work

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
power aside, if you have enough self control and maturity, I think it'd be okay. Even if theyre in a better rank than you, I guess there are a few exceptions.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i get it now :) i forgot about the managers and bosses issues. just reading threads around here i assumed all the people were school-goers or school-leavers

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Also, work relations are fun because of the stories. It's amazing the places people have had sex.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
haha yeah..its grose to think about it
i have a story
about woolworths
ew grose
they found used condoms in the mens toilets upstairs
some worker had used it..
they say he was jerking off
wtf
neways..the manager called all the males to the toilets and told them off and then he picked it up and put it in the bin
they have been found on a number of occasions
yuk..to think of anyone from my work thats grose

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
It's like a school relationship. As long as it doesn't affect your quality of work, I don't see why not. Having said that, I imagine it would be extremely difficult to not get distracted, so yes, I think to some extent it is unprofessional. But it depends on the circumstances, like most things in life.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Cactus said:
a large percentage of relationships begin through work. It's a good place to meet new ppl.........
Yeah that's so true. In the core group at my work there are only two of us who are dating other people (who don't work there).
The boss is dating the head waitress.
The bar supervisor is dating the floor supervisor.
And a bartender is dating a waitress.

I swear, me and tim (the other one who's not dating someone at work) feel sooo odd when we're there with them at the end of the night... they are REALLY bad when they break up. When the boss and the head waitress broke up for a little while me and the other waitress had to step in and take her job for ages because she didn't quit or get fired but she refused to speak to the boss. It was so difficult. I can't imagine what would happen if it was in a big company.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
it only matters in more serious jobs
i used to work at maccas and managers went out with younger people

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I just started going out with a guy from work. We don't have the power issue because we work in different areas and we're both casuals. I feel bad sometimes when he has to do calls for me, because it can seem like I'm asking him to do all this stuff when really it's just his job.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol yeah
like when i need sumone to get something i feel so bad bossing them around
but they kind of have to coz its their job

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Yeah and it's worse if it's your bf/gf because you feel like you're going to make them feel guilty if they don't do it, just because it's you that's asking... if that makes sense. I'd never get angry at him if he didn't answer a call or anything but.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
haha he just thinks I'm weird... probably scared too, he's silly enough to think that I'd ask him to go and do it one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)