work stories (1 Viewer)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Yes, the joys of retail!

I used to work at Target (should be known at TarGITS) I had applied for holidays, in advance, they ahd been apporved etc, then, last day before two weeks holiday, i walk out and say "see ya in a couple of weeks" and my manager stops me and asks why, I remind them about my holidays and the fact that she had approved them, she then continued to demand that I didn't go on my family holiday because she had no one to work.... Again, I say TarGITS...

Again target, and agian about holidays, apply for holidays 4 months in advance, ask how often I go to this holiday spot, sya every year, get asked to book holidays at least 12 months in advance, get asked if I really want to work at target because of the amount of holidays I take, I say no and don't finish my shifts! :eek:

Target again; doing work with big bulky scanning gun type thing, turn my back for seriously 15 seconds to point customer towards chage rooms, gun gone, search high and low, go to tell boss, get dragged aside by one of the other bosses, and told that this thing "I" lost is worth 5 thousand bucks and that I would have to replace it if I lost it, and I replied by asking whether this was in my contract and explaining that I had turned back for mere second, get yelled at not to do it again, manager walks off in huff... (The manager had actually taken the gun to prove her point, and yes she gave it back, sorry for not including this earlier!

Now I work in an actual store that tries to help customers, it sells furniture and bedding and that stuff (i'll give you 3 guesses...) Customer rings up, asking about fridges, tell them that being an full hour before this store and almost any other retail store opens, that no one is in to help him with this problem, he just asks if I am sure i can't....

The customer service lady is bending over to get staples or something, salesman who is standing right beside her says "while you're down there"... she bites him on the lower leg...

Take call from X-Box support person, who doesn't speaka mucha engalshis... need I say more!

Get ignored by a girls from my year level, say hi about 8 times, continues to ignore me!

And don't get me started on my current boss.... oh, the agony.. of working for your dad! :eek:

Edit: Continuosly having customer ask for the best price you can do, then saying that they got told a better price on either: A) Almost the same product down the road
B) A cheaper quality item that you have just shown them...
C) Told a better price by a sales man who they talked to yesterday, and then describing in detail a salesman who doesn't exist, or wokrs in the electrical department

Also, customers continuously asking if "thats the best price you can do" on something that is already close to 60% off, or, a catalogue item!

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Nashie said:
Taget again; doing work with big bulky scanning gun type thing, turn my back for seriously 15 seconds to point customer towards chage rooms, gun gone, search high and low, go to tell boss, get dragged aside by one of the other bosses, and told that this thing "I" lost is worth 5 thousand bucks and that I would have to replace it if I lost it, and I replied by asking whether this was in my contract and explaining that I had turned back for mere second, get yelled at not to do it again, manager walks off in huff...
did u end up finding the gun?

HSC
today we had a bunch of women/girls come in, there were old women, mid-20 women, some teenagers, and even some little girls....it was some hens night....they were fkn crazy the whole table was full of like sex toys and cakes shaped like dicks were all like 'wtf' and me and my mate had to clean the table off, like take their platesand shit....and one of the fat bitches was like 'hey do u like my panties, then flashed us her panties and god damn it was disgusting' and then they asked me if i would fill in for the stripper im like wtf...and they wanted a line dance......and they were all fkn wierd.

end of story.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
today i was in pain and work let me go home early
i worked 2 hours and left
it was great to be allowed to leave
apparently the last person that wanted to leave coz they were sick wasnt allowed
i asked and str8 away she said yes
i felt real guilty and bad tho coz when i left they were busy
but i couldnt endure 3 more hours of work which is painful enough and in pain
and customers..omg i dont want to think about it
thats my story/experience

stainmepink

HSC
heres my workers story:

my friends friend worked at kfc. she was in the back, in the kitchen handling the burgers. the floor was wet and slippery. she slipped and tried to stick her hand out to grab anything to stop her from falling. she stuck her whole hand into the deep fryer.

shes on workers compensation now

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i was expecting to laugh towards the end of the story
but thats really sad..:(
id rather slip and stack it on a wet floor then burn my hand in hot oil
eek

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Finger licking good

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
what happened afterwards? ambulance?how badly burnt was the hand?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My genious is wasted here. No one reps me.

X

xeuyrawp

Ah... I was in a Retra Vision once, and I witnessed the worst example of team-matemanship I've ever seen.

Casual comes up to me "Rob... I'm in trouble for not ordering stock correctly", and I go "ah well, tell me what happened". He tells me what happened, I go talk to the boss. The boss tells me there are 2 customers waiting for this stock he said he'd get it. I get kinda annoyed that Casual didn't tell me, so I tell him we need to get stock transferred from another shop in the suburb. The customers waited in front of me, because I wanted them to see that I was trying, and that Casual was new and made an honest mistake. Anyway, I ring the other RetraVision, but it's engaged. I specifically write down on a piece of paper what the casual has to say to the other shop, and I leave him to it.

Minutes later, I'm serving a customer and walk up to the counter. The casual is fretting and seems to be having relay problems from the info on the phone conversation, to the customers. He gets upset and puts the phone on speaker phone.

*loud speaker phone noise*
Casual: argh, what's the model and inventory number?
Guy on line: for fuck's sake, you jackass. The inventory number is C for cunt, F for fuckhead, K for klown, V for very, X for extremely, R for retard 2 (was spelling out CF KVXR 29, a TV)---

At which point I pick up the phone. It was too late, the entire store heard it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ that's got to be one of the funniest thing, what a rude guy on the line though

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
^^ that's got to be one of the funniest thing, what a rude guy on the line though
Yes he is rude. He's still working in another store, and he's a total drop kick. The other guy was just new and screwed up- a lot of my fault that I didn't look after him. oh well

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Ah... I was in a Retra Vision once, and I witnessed the worst example of team-matemanship I've ever seen.

Casual comes up to me "Rob... I'm in trouble for not ordering stock correctly", and I go "ah well, tell me what happened". He tells me what happened, I go talk to the boss. The boss tells me there are 2 customers waiting for this stock he said he'd get it. I get kinda annoyed that Casual didn't tell me, so I tell him we need to get stock transferred from another shop in the suburb. The customers waited in front of me, because I wanted them to see that I was trying, and that Casual was new and made an honest mistake. Anyway, I ring the other RetraVision, but it's engaged. I specifically write down on a piece of paper what the casual has to say to the other shop, and I leave him to it.

Minutes later, I'm serving a customer and walk up to the counter. The casual is fretting and seems to be having relay problems from the info on the phone conversation, to the customers. He gets upset and puts the phone on speaker phone.

*loud speaker phone noise*
Casual: argh, what's the model and inventory number?
Guy on line: for fuck's sake, you jackass. The inventory number is C for cunt, F for fuckhead, K for klown, V for very, X for extremely, R for retard 2 (was spelling out CF KVXR 29, a TV)---

At which point I pick up the phone. It was too late, the entire store heard it.
oh that is some good shit

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
gobaby said:
heres my workers story:

my friends friend worked at kfc. she was in the back, in the kitchen handling the burgers. the floor was wet and slippery. she slipped and tried to stick her hand out to grab anything to stop her from falling. she stuck her whole hand into the deep fryer.

shes on workers compensation now
thast why thewy have to wear school shoes and watch where they are going. that clumsy fool dereves what she got

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
soha said:
lol..omg..today i was sent to talk to the manager
and i thought i wa sin trouble(i workl at woolies by the way)
and i was thinking what the heck did i do..like what on earth would they wanna talk to me about..
neways..i was shcoked..coz they gave me a thankyou card and 2 movie vouchers
i was like awhh..how cute..woolies is giving me a thankyou gift..for being such a good worker and shit..
me and another chick got one
i was shocked coz i didnt think woolies did that sorta stuff
but i wasnt shocked that i got it..coz i deserve that man..i work my ass off

thats my story..for now neways
yay 2 movie vouchers..lol
My friend works at woolies and if they personally get 20 okay days of working in a row they get a $20 voucher. Big W doesnt do anything like that though, they dont give a shit

Collin

HSC
N/A
modelzsuck said:
My friend works at woolies and if they personally get 20 okay days of working in a row they get a $20 voucher. Big W doesnt do anything like that though, they dont give a shit
Wow that rocks.. if only ColesMyer did that to Officeworks employees. <3

doe

HSC
N/A
my very first job (ignoring the paper route when i was 10) was as a pizza hut kitchenhand. i was 14 and 9 months years old. on my first night, i was working a machine that said "you must be over 16 to operate this machine". i asked them about it and they were "ah dont worry about it!" it was a crazy place full of crazy arabs. there were a lot of PLO supporters there, they all had bomber jackets with the PLO logo and there name embroidered on the front with "peace in the middle east" on the back. one of the drivers used a stolen car to make his delivieries one night, the cops rocked up and everything, haha! crazy guys but awesome fun.

it was the pizza takeaway at thornleigh, on the pacific highway (i think).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)