Working in a bar? (1 Viewer)

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
krayziekarnevil said:
You do not have to be 18 to do your RSA/RCG

In most circumstances you do have to be 18 to serve alcohol. You can apply for special consideration, or if you are on close terms with management they may let it slide...
not true at all. legally to sell alcohol u must be 18. rsa can be done before but cannot be used before UNLESS and these are the only terms.... you are on an apprenticeship or traineeship and its definately part of ur work. my family has a winery. i know more about wine than alot of our staff and i couldnt sell it until i was 18.

PookieMonster

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm contemplating my doing my RSA/RCG/Bar course/Barista..etc...but I dunno..all up it will be about $350, which is a lot of money to spend considering its pretty unlikely I'll get a job out of it (despite what karnevil said, everywhere up here [at least, everywhere up here that advertisers] wants at least 2yrs experience)
im a fully trained accredited barista as well its so fun. im so picky about coffee now. i know when milk/coffee is burnt and ill send it back. it has to be done right and its not hard. and im doing a bar course maybe next week and my RSG soon.... i have my RSA easy peasy.

PookieMonster

HSC
smegthehead said:
no you can't get your RSA if you're 17, as it is a condition of application that you are of legal drinking age
no its not. u can obtain it and just not use it. they done care. as long as u dont use it until ur 18.

BabySilver

HSC
Yeah thngs like that happen.. eg you have to be 16 to do a security training course, and to sit the exams, but you cannot get your security licence till you are 18. also someother place may say that you must be 18 to work there.. espically if you are going to be dealing with sensitive info.. this is usually to run a poliece records checky.. you cannot sign that form till you are 18, and it's not something your gardian can sign on your behalf.

HSC
PookieMonster said:
not true at all. legally to sell alcohol u must be 18.
So are you saying that I was not working in a bar prior to being 18? I can gaurantee you it is possible to work in a bar like i said... if you apply for special consideration, or are on close terms with management.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
krayziekarnevil said:
if you apply for special consideration
Which establishment is this that allows you to do so? And is this possible if you're nowhere near 18?

Dammit

braindrainedAsh said:
STA have a British pub stay program where they get you a job at a pub before you go over, you get accommodation and everything it sounded tops!
Do you know where I can get more information on this? Also what visa/citizenship requirements are needed?

Cheers

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Dammit said:
Do you know where I can get more information on this? Also what visa/citizenship requirements are needed?

Cheers
You can use either of these organisations:
-Overseas working holidays (part of Flight Centre)
http://www.owh.com.au

-The Original London Pub Company (I used this one)
http://www.londonpubau.com/welcome.htm

-STA (they use The Original London Pub Company)
http://www.statravel.com.au/231_281.asp

If you are an Australian citizen you should apply for a working holiday visa from the British High Commission (it takes a couple of weeks)

Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)