Working out uni timetable for physio (or any course) (1 Viewer)

mimi2004590

HSC
Hey
I'm really feeling in the dark about timetables and I really want to do as much as I can now to get the times I want before the timetable release date.

So do I just check out the units of study for Year 1, Sem 1 and type the main four into the UOS timetabling on myuni??
And what does the N: Prohibition and C: corequisites mean? Should I like be individually searching up these times as well

omg :(

Thanks for the help :sun:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Hey
I'm really feeling in the dark about timetables and I really want to do as much as I can now to get the times I want before the timetable release date.

So do I just check out the units of study for Year 1, Sem 1 and type the main four into the UOS timetabling on myuni??
And what does the N: Prohibition and C: corequisites mean? Should I like be individually searching up these times as well

omg :(

Thanks for the help :sun:
what do u mean by main four? but yeah you can check out the times from typing unit names into timetabling unit.

prohibition means that if you do this unit, you cannot do/shouldn't have done the units listed in prohibitions.

corequisites, i assume, are units you need to take at the same time as that unit.

madharris

HSC
N/A
For physio, its all a set course structure, so don't worry about P and N etc.
All you should do is make a draft timetable so on the 17th, you give yourself the best chance at getting a good timetable (although I recall first sem first year physios all getting 5 days, however it may be different this year)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Lina3

HSC
Wait...I thought timetables will just be released on the 17th with whatever times they have chosen for you. The title says this is applicable to any course, so does that mean that we must pick (or think about picking) what times we want? If so, on what website can this be done?

-o-

HSC
N/A
The uni will make/choose the timetable for you, but after they're released you can modify it slightly by "blocking out" times. You can block out one whole day or 2 5-hour periods. You should think about the times you want, so when the timetables are released you might be able to get the timetable as close to your preference as you can. Here's the website: ssa.usyd.edu.au/ssa just click on the link about timetables (second link iirc).

mimi2004590

HSC
For physio, its all a set course structure, so don't worry about P and N etc.
All you should do is make a draft timetable so on the 17th, you give yourself the best chance at getting a good timetable (although I recall first sem first year physios all getting 5 days, however it may be different this year)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk
Ok thanks a lot!
What do you mean by make a draft timetable to get a better chance at a good timetable, is this so that I know exactly what times I want some courses?
Is this like other unis where you can like refresh (??) the page until you get a timetable you like?
Gahh too many questions

mimi2004590

HSC
what do u mean by main four? but yeah you can check out the times from typing unit names into timetabling unit.

prohibition means that if you do this unit, you cannot do/shouldn't have done the units listed in prohibitions.

corequisites, i assume, are units you need to take at the same time as that unit.
About the main four its just when I look at the units of study list by year and semester, the table is arranged so it shows four units on the left most column. I'm assuming these are the mains or something :S

madharris

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)