Workload (important question) (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
Which subjects have the most workloads where you requires a lot of writing and will mean you will need a shite load of books to accommodate such subjects.

thanks

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Current subjects that I know of are Biology and Business Studies, don't know about the rest.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Maths...Most Sciences?

Business Studies is okay, its not too intense imo.

With proper organisation, workload should be thinned out evenly and not too difficult to maintain.

Feel free to message me if you need to know anything on Prelim Business Studies! I finished the course in Year 10.

Attachments

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Only did 9 units during preliminary year but I found sciences and economics had a heavy workload. HSC is even worse though.

dirty_ink

HSC
English Advanced and English Extension 1 (including exercise books, past papers and prescribed texts).

You can get away with typing your Biology notes, but there will be past papers that need doing. Maths also includes quite a bit of writing in both your exercise books and past papers, but doesn't require you to go through a lot of other extra material and readings, unlike English.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Maths...Most Sciences?

Business Studies is okay, its not too intense imo.

With proper organisation, workload should be thinned out evenly and not too difficult to maintain.
And it really depends on the person - everyone will have subjects that will be heavy on workload.

It's mostly English that people find demanding to be honest, since it's the only subject that counts towards your ATAR.

Lots of students just rote and adapt essays to reduce the amount of time spend on English, which I can understand why, but frankly I have terrible memory. :haha:

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Which subjects have the most workloads where you requires a lot of writing and will mean you will need a shite load of books to accommodate such subjects.

thanks
i suspect to get the best marks, would have to be in any HSIE subjects, english and physics. Dunno bout chemistry, i wrote most of the stuff on the spot and w/o notes and got a 94 for the exam, though i think i'm an exception according to many people.

Aliy Moon

HSC
This is really late but if you do Advanced English you would have already figured out how much content , writing and supplementary texts you need. it's quite the workload!

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
physics is my biggest work load, but it is just mostly reading. maths is a close 2nd

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
From the experiences with my specific subjects. Standard English and Business Studies required the most time allocation.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Maths and Maths Extension 1 are currently my biggest workload followed by chemistry and advanced English on par with each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)