workload of 3u english? (1 Viewer)

evilevoevil

HSC
N/A
how much is the worload for 3u english? ive been offered to do it, but people say the workload is immense (especially if im condsidering doing 4u maths)?? should I do it?

wrecking

derp.
HSC
do it if you like english. i found 3U english this year to be quite enjoyable although it is a challenging course. i don't know about your school but the workload wasn't much. most of the time our class just engaged in discussion.

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC
Yeah, I'm doing 4u maths and 3u English, Head Teacher did come around and say that 3u English is demanding, especially if you're doing 4u maths. I guess you should do it if you find English interesting, and it deals with much more interesting stuff than Advanced.

MissGiggles

HSC
i don't find it demanding. it's not more difficult. it's not more anything. it's just more english. you take the same stuff you do in advanced and go a little further into depth with it is all

and then around once or twice a term we'll get a "formative" task (no weighting, the teacher can help as much as she wants) between 500 and 1000 words, which will be either a practice for exams (as similar a question as she can give us) or will later be included in an assignment (eg. our third assignment was to hand up all our composing formatives for the year) so they cut down your revision or assignments.

the course has long periods where we all just coast along talking all lesson, then it speeds up a little when the formatives come, then you are coasting again and wondering why people think it's hard

evilevoevil

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm doing 4u maths and 3u English, Head Teacher did come around and say that 3u English is demanding, especially if you're doing 4u maths. I guess you should do it if you find English interesting, and it deals with much more interesting stuff than Advanced.
lol, i finally figured out who u are, u sick minded sicko :p. yea, thats what the head teacher told us as well; since im not that good at time management and that.. i was a bit reluctant, but the more i think about it, i'll be taking it up.

ashllis92

HSC
I say that it is like any other subject, the more you put in the more you get out. If you like English and are good, you can achieve an average mark with very little work however it is designed for people who love English and who will want to learn more about their texts not because they have to but because they want to. This year outside of the 2 hour lesson on Wed arvo's I've done about 2-3 hours on it a week... give or take

jotdan

HSC
how much is the worload for 3u english? ive been offered to do it, but people say the workload is immense (especially if im condsidering doing 4u maths)?? should I do it?

Do it, the workload is really small, its more the requirement for you to understand it- if you are good at english then its really bearable

but hey havent got hsc results or even done the exam yet so i might have just bludged

ixswans

HSC
The workload isn't small, but yes, how well you do in it depends on how much you understand and how well you like it.

I like extension better because it offers me more freedom, its by far more intellectually challenging than the AOS or modules and because it really did change the way I think about things. I think that really does get reflected in the way you write.

Oh, and you learn to compress a lot of info into a short amount of words. Condensation, condensation, condensation.

I did Romanticism this year, and extension was one of my favourite subjects. Some people in my class hate it though.

You can always drop it. Give it a try, its a fantastic course! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)