Workout routines. (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
If you want to be just fit, then do crunches, but it might hurt your back a little bit in the beginning. should go away soon...
Do exercise at home..4 sets of 50 crunches and then say 3 sets of 50 pushups. that will keep your top half looking good...or at least a little better. and then do leg exercises. And if you want to increase your biceps, buy a set of free weights, and use them well...you don't have to always go to the gym...gym to me is mainly for heavy cardio things...

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Thanx Ya SipSip... expect to see me as Mr Universe next year then lol :p

And we all know what that leads to..... CALIFORNIAN GOVERNATOR!! w00t!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
5km run
500m walk (vertical)
20km row
1000m swim
and play around with the other machines, at the end im buggered ...

ravenheart

HSC
i guess one of the most difficult parts of exercise is find that motivation that can keep you going for long period of time. lot of ppl give up exercise becoz their excuse outweighed their motivation.

For ab sets, try toe-touch crunches, and other different crunches, i reckon eventually these exercise will take effect but it's a matter of consistent exercise.

i used to hold dumb-bells when doing sit-ups, so that might help too.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
whatever im in the mood for on the day..
its usually around 40min-1hr of cardio and then around 1/2 hour of weights... I dont have a particular routine which is probably bad but i roughly use the same equipment each time. i finally discovered the pull up machine thingy the other day, before this i was always too scared to use it for some reason. It's great because i can actually do them now, before i was just left hanging and couldnt pull myself up.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
and here i was feeling all proud coz i just went on a 4km walk to the end of the road and back...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
jezzmo said:
i don't mean to be an excuse nazi, but gravity has always stopped me from doing that particular exercise!
lol, theres this setting on the machine that makes u go up, its really hard to walk ...

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
5km run
500m walk (vertical)
20km row
1000m swim
and play around with the other machines, at the end im buggered ...
you must have a lot of spare time

Dave85

HSC
does nebody know good excersises 4 abs? when i go to my gym i do 5 x 30 sit ups... half of which i hold a 5kg medicine ball. doz nebody know nething else that wud help my abs? ...and if u do cd u plz explian how there done, not just a name coz im not really down wit da lingo!

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
the best thing for abs is to minimise fat around the waist line

that will show more change than heavier exercise

I dont know the names of the shit i do for abs, there are some pilates moves involved... lots of static things, no crunches.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hanging leg raise is imo the best ab exercise. basically, hang from a chinup bar and bring your legs up towards your chest, if you want something harder, keep them straight. another one is decline crunch. on a decline bench do crunches, a great alternative to just normal situps, if you want even harder exercise, put a weight on your chest.

oh yeah just another thing. abs are made in the kitchen

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Crunches dont do jack shit for me...like cyph said if u wana tone up a specific part of ur body u gotta kinda work out the whoel of ur body still...I used to run every morning for an hour...now thats its been winter i been lazy

Yes, crunches doesn't do much in appearence enhancement sense, that is because even if u do crunches, your muscles do develop, but there is still the layer of fat surround your unrevealed six pack...

That is why i constantly do cardio along with weights and stuff...but yeah, as for motivation...i think i haven't skipped working out at least 5 days a week for over 4 years now...dunno why i have to motivation to do it...but i guess exercise makes u feel better and happier so it's worth the hard work

Btw, i hate those guys who flex their muscles in front of their friends and also at the gym...i mean are they gay or something!!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
SipSip said:
If you want to be just fit, then do crunches, but it might hurt your back a little bit in the beginning. should go away soon...
Do exercise at home..4 sets of 50 crunches and then say 3 sets of 50 pushups. that will keep your top half looking good...or at least a little better. and then do leg exercises. And if you want to increase your biceps, buy a set of free weights, and use them well...you don't have to always go to the gym...gym to me is mainly for heavy cardio things...
Guys who never fail to do their crunches and push ups daily are often the ones who complain of a sore lower back.

Deadlifting and squatting has done wonders for my lower back and core.

When you work one muscle, you should always work the opposite muscle... e.g. Biceps/triceps, otherwise you'll end up with a muscle imbalance.

Crunches should NEVER hurt your back, otherwise you're doing them wrong.. It is a contraction of the abdominal musles to get yourself up and your abdominal muscles only

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
Guys who never fail to do their crunches and push ups daily are often the ones who complain of a sore lower back.

Deadlifting and squatting has done wonders for my lower back and core.

When you work one muscle, you should always work the opposite muscle... e.g. Biceps/triceps, otherwise you'll end up with a muscle imbalance.

Crunches should NEVER hurt your back, otherwise you're doing them wrong.. It is a contraction of the abdominal musles to get yourself up and your abdominal muscles only
Nup...after 3 or 4 years of crunches...back hasn't hurt once...so i guess i'm doing it right then ^.^

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
pookie1234 said:
sex is a great workout.... lets all get fit!
Yeh, apparently you burn over 800 kJ's of energy every time you have a sex session of 20 minutes or so. i forgot where i read it.. but 'tis true!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
and they always have those ppl go on about a 12 min workout

well sex allows u to have a good workout real quick-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)