workplace shenanigans (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, so a guy I work with and I have this major arse flirting thing happenning, it is done (on my part at least) to relieve boredom, but its getting to the point other staff are noticing and are like "for fucks sake, you two, get a room and get it over with!!!"

Anyways, this would never happen coz I'm just not into him like that, but it got me thinking, what do people think of hooking up (one night stand, relationship, whatever) with people you work with.

Discuss, citing examples :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't know :s

Wouldn't *that* be a comfortable conversation "so, I know you think I want to get in your pants, but really, I have no interest in you, its just to keep me from going insane in this place"

Actually, that may be better than leading him on...

But I don't think he is keen either, I'm pretty sure its all a game to him too.

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
haha you better make sure! its quite common to think nothing of it and then realise when its too late that the guy is serious.

my manager just revealed that he's been dating one of the staff, which is a huge no-no in my company, but theyre such awesome people and were all just happy for them... personally i think it depends on the situation.

james_vladmamir

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ok, so a guy I work with and I have this major arse flirting thing happenning, it is done (on my part at least) to relieve boredom, but its getting to the point other staff are noticing and are like "for fucks sake, you two, get a room and get it over with!!!"

Anyways, this would never happen coz I'm just not into him like that, but it got me thinking, what do people think of hooking up (one night stand, relationship, whatever) with people you work with.

Hipsta I think you're doing the wrong thing here... you're giving the guy hope when obviously you don't have any feeling for him at all. There's nothing worse than thinking you've got hope with a girl then finding out she's not interested. You should stop the flirting as soon as possible... the longer you continue doing this, the more it'll hurt him once you've had your fun.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Komaticom said:
All the girls at my work are older than me, mostly hot with the exception of some of the older ones, and they all treat me like shit.

No shenanigans there, just simple "do my job and get paid".
Rape them.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
that sort of monkey business is good for passing time.

i've heard of about 40-50 yr old salesman and a 40-ish receptionist get it on in the back of a car on the way back from a work party. both were and still are married to their respective partners.

a new guy hooking up with teh boss' daughter on nye. even sort of caught them leaving a secluded area of the shop one after the other, the chick first, then the guy with a cheesy grin on his face.

i am always "trying to hook up", spreading rumours concerning my sexuality. all in good fun i say.

Last edited:

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
Komaticom said:
All the girls at my work are older than me, mostly hot with the exception of some of the older ones, and they all treat me like shit.

No shenanigans there, just simple "do my job and get paid".
I would see younger guys in the workplace as toy boys, and tease them for kicks.
Under my regime at least you would get some form of attention. :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Hey hipsta! Haha that situation is all too familiar. Don't worry too much about it. I have had a relationship like that with a workmate for well over a year now and its just getting more and more ridiculous. To the point where i think we both dont know what is a joke and what isn't anymore. But it sure does keep things interesting, relieves boredom when it's dead etc, i love stirring stuff up, and so does he, more so for other peoples amusement than for our own.

You say nothing would happen, but just wait until you both get drunk one night :p

Where do you work? Small or large place because that kinda changes the circumstances too.

HSC
i reckon everyone at my workplace has had a few goes at eachother, no shit they talk about the most queerest shit. especially the service desk [all females] and their manager.

me and my mate saw the service desk manager and about 5 girls walk outside too car park (probably for a smoke break) but we all reckon they just had sex or something, and he called for assistance over the PA too! we made a joke out of it, "ASSISTANCE REQUIRED TOO THE CAR PARK"- sounds funnier if you worked htere :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
we have a new girl at work. i so wish i knew how to flirt

need to learn by saturday

Danoz The Great

HSC
Where I work (target) there is two married managers (to each other..lol), and one manager engaged to a guy doing a traineeship. But they keep it professional at work.

I've heard of two people who were caught getting off in the bat cave (a small room where we keep the shelf fixtures etc) but I don't know if this was true or not, because the Bat Cave is really humid, dusty, and just downright wrong. But I suppose that when you're in the mood that wouldn't be of any concern.

My old store manager, and a department manager who has also since left (they now work at a target in Darwin together) used to frequently visit the back dock or reserves. It was only making out but it was still heaps awkward, expecially when you had to go out to the back dock while they were very busy together to get rid of some cardboard boxes...*cringe*:uhoh:

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Master Yoda said:
how do u spread rumours abotu yourself

'psst....u no i heard i have a huge wang'
no, but that has happened.

what i was talking about is that we'd be out in the backdock with the other warehouse boys. this wog salesperson comes out, he is 26 but has the typical 16 year old's attitude.

wog: hey boyz, goin' to the club tonight to pick up some bitches?
me: c'mon man, have some respect for women
guy1: some people are sensitive about things like that, dude
guy2: and also when some people aren't always looking for chicks
*everyone looking at me*
wog: *to me* what do you mean?
me: well, not all guys prefer girls, you know?
he gets all confused and leaves.

after more of such incidencts (they are jovial, and not as serious as they seem) i am taking a tv into his car.

wog: so what, you dont like chicks or something
me: i dunno man, i am confused.
wog: why do you like guys, what about them?
me: i dunno, like their physique...
wog: oh man, i dont know what to make of this.

*start walking back to the store, i just keep drifting onto his "walk"
me: hey, does it make you feel uncomfortable?

i was so tempted to put an arm around him at this stage. :D

i do have a hillarious incident to report concerning the big-wang theory, but i must leave to study.

hello_world

HSC
i think its ok... but like that person said, it depends on how big the workplace is. u dont want any awkward moments afterwards

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
i pretty much use work to hook up, tis awsome, i work at k-mart and we always get new people, and there normally hawt( i swear the managers hire people based on there looks cuz half of them are retarted to boot) and i flirt and such with them for a week or so, see how they react, and then get there number or if i see em at a party, its on like donkey kong, it kind of sucks abit now after working there fir a while, becuase all the girls know whats up as soon as i talk to them... only one so far ended badly, i asked her out and she said no, and then she was an absolute bitch and was laughing to her friends about me and stuff, so i basically told her to get fucked, at which point she told me she was sorry and she wanted to see me on the weekened, to which i went to where we were meant to meet, only to wait an hour and be stood up, and then to have it happen 2 more times, and the excuse each time was something so stupid, so i stoped talking to her for a few months, and i managed to hook up with her best friend (who also works with us) and now she talk to me again, weird, i flirt with her, but im just being stupid, i have learny my lesson bout her

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
It's all good so long as it's done with the right person and you're both mature about it.

I recently hooked up with a girl at a place I work with, but I'm pretty sure we both know that's all it was and nothing more. We're still good friends, still talk and no one else knows about it.. it's all good.

Diddimz

HSC
i try not to mix work and fun, the work place is to small and rumours start to easily, though everyone though there was something going on with me and one of the other guys for a while, to make matters worse, his mum asked him if he was gay....

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Being a small place may make it more awkward between the two of you because you are bound to be around eachother more, but at the same time, in a way, there could be less talk because there isnt many people to find out. Once everyone knows, thats it and they get over it.

The worst is when you may think people dont know but then subtle comments are made and you realise they do bbut its not directly addressed.

aimstar555

HSC
hipsta_jess said:

hahahaha thats mad...

i started a new job @ the start of November (department store) and met a guy who worked in the same section as me. we flirted hard-core for a few days, he asked me for my number and we've been together ever since! apart from me being moved to another section of the store because management didnt want us working together, it's been great! :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)