Workshop at Wenona this sunday. (1 Viewer)

eilys close

HSC
Me Too!!!

...alone. No teacher, no classmates, the lazy/busy bums. Le Sigh.

Who's excited to see what people from other schools are doing?

Actually, I have a question: Are the tickets like actual tickets? Coz all I got was an email saying:

Dear Emily,

This is to confirm your registration for the above event.

And a rooming guide (*without* a map, which will be FUN, not ... if you see a shortish blonde girl running around lost, *please* take pity on me!)

Should I have recieved more offialness/info? I can't rely of AUPost...

Last edited:

Essjaybee

HSC
Me Too!!!

...alone. No teacher, no classmates, the lazy/busy bums. Le Sigh.

Who's excited to see what people from other schools are doing?

Actually, I have a question: Are the tickets like actual tickets? Coz all I got was an email saying:

Dear Emily,

This is to confirm your registration for the above event.

And a rooming guide (*without* a map, which will be FUN, not ... if you see a shortish blonde girl running around lost, *please* take pity on me!)

Should I have recieved more offialness/info? I can't rely of AUPost...
No there are actual tickets. Should be sent to whichever address you put down. There are 3 tickets - one for each session

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Where is Wenona?

and what do you do....there?
Its in North Sydney. Basically its just a workshop teaching us what ext2 is all about; how to compose the major work, the reflection statement, report, everything in a nutshell, as well as giving us the chance to ask a few questions along the way.

eilys close

HSC
The tickets are just coloured scraps of paper so it would be really easy to just photocopy them- nobody would be able to tell the difference...
Yes except I imagine the tickets have a code or something on them. Besides, I have nobody to photocopy off from.

... Apart from tickets, did any other info come in the mail? ie, what we need to bring, a map perhaps?

... *hates* AustraliaPost

HSC
Yes except I imagine the tickets have a code or something on them. Besides, I have nobody to photocopy off from.

... Apart from tickets, did any other info come in the mail? ie, what we need to bring, a map perhaps?

... *hates* AustraliaPost
as well as the tickets, we got a timetable which had session times and room locations, but no map. I'm going to be walking around aimlessly :(

eilys close

HSC
as well as the tickets, we got a timetable which had session times and room locations, but no map. I'm going to be walking around aimlessly :(
I'll join you. We'll be explorers together in the mysterious unchartered territory of Wenona.

RE: Me being ticketless:

So I figure I just rock up, hopefully early, find the "Big Gym" - wherever that may be (I'm gonna take a big guess, and head for the big building, which will probably be next to a sports field. But perhaps that's silly, hmm? Once there, I demand tickets. My tickets, which they should have sent me! I have an email of proof!

HSC
I'll join you. We'll be explorers together in the mysterious unchartered territory of Wenona.

RE: Me being ticketless:

So I figure I just rock up, hopefully early, find the "Big Gym" - wherever that may be (I'm gonna take a big guess, and head for the big building, which will probably be next to a sports field. But perhaps that's silly, hmm? Once there, I demand tickets. My tickets, which they should have sent me! I have an email of proof!
haha sounds like a plan. This wenona place does sound mysterious indeed.

joshuarG

HSC
Oh, i'm meant to be going to this :[
but i have my lions youth of the year regional competition DAMNIT!
i was looking so forward to this extension 2 day as well >.>

IS ANYONE GOING TO THE POETRY TALK ON SUNDAY? :D

commizar

HSC
Is there a website or something? I can't find any..
What time is it on and how much $?

Essjaybee

HSC
Wenona is a school according to my teacher. There are no codes on the tickets, as long as you have the right coloured paper i guess someone could scan them and print them off.

We had to register and it cost $40. There are 3 sessions
10-10:30 "The Student Experience"
10:35- 12:30 "Workshop - [insert medium here]"
1:30 - 2:30 "The Reflection Statement"

Wenona School - 176 Walker Street NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2060
Google Map from North Sydney Station. Pretty easy walk.
http://www.englishteacher.com.au/downloads/FlyerExt210.pdf - map on that site. Note: registrations ARE closed.

Rooming : http://www.englishteacher.com.au/downloads/Ext 22010Rooming.pdf

They also included a risk assessment. http://www.englishteacher.com.au/downloads/RiskAssWenona.pdf

Potential risks

1. Crossing main roads
2. Fire

3. Trips & falls

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My school supposedly signed me up on Wednesday, however since I'm the only one going - I'm going nigel with no ticket. Hopefully I can explain to them that my school did sign me up, but my teacher who organised it went on camp Thursday and Friday so I couldn't get it from him - so I figured that I'd come anyway and bring the $40 just in case, buy a ticket, go in - and get reimbursed for the cost of it on Tuesday (as Monday I have an excursion).

So yeah, I'll be walking around aimlessly as well.

EDIT: And I just read the flyer. Not looking good. Should I even bother to go? I might get rejected on the spot... I'll be like there with my books and everything and then they'll be like "Do you have a ticket?" "No" "Then I can't let you in" - then I'll just go out and run home crying <_<

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ah well, I might as well. That way I can get extra bonus points in the Viva Voce by showing initiative in being the only person to even attempt to go to the Workshop. The other four refused to go. And hopefully that will forgive a lack of research <_<

eilys close

HSC
Ah well, I might as well. That way I can get extra bonus points in the Viva Voce by showing initiative in being the only person to even attempt to go to the Workshop. The other four refused to go. And hopefully that will forgive a lack of research <_<

You not done the VV yet? Wowee... We did ours in ... Feburary, and that was considered late.

I aint got a ticket but I know I'm registered. However, with all these stories, I come to this conclusion: English Teachers= fail with communications. Lol the irony!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I hope I'm registered <_<

So I suppose I can go them, say my name and they can look me up?

But yeah - my VV is next week, during lunch times =(

Essjaybee

HSC
Dude I can't believe I paid for this and they didn't check for tickets once. So easy to just sneak into.

A lot of it covered stuff I already knew. But then again, it did help get me thinking things for my report (it's due first week back).

In the SS segment she made us move around and explain our concept to a total stranger - that was scary but it helped find the right words to explain it which will also help with the upcoming report. She said we needed to have a draft done by now. I barely started writing.

The reflection statement guy was entertaining at the end, but he spoke about himself too much and we missed a lot of examples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)