World of Warcraft (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm not sure which is worse though, warlock or shaman. Shammies are getting their class reviewed this patch though so it seems only the locks are left.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
I play a 60 Shaman. About time they get a review x_x Useless end-game class, really.

I agree it's way overpowered for pvp though XD

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah we kick ass in duels, but that isnt what the whole game is about. Warlocks used to be worthless peices of shit till we got some decent buffs like demonology tree fixed and deathcoil.
A buff is not imminent, trust me. The shit that people complain about, its just because they dont know what a lock can do, one minute they see a lock with his voidwalker out and for SOME reason he has an extra 7k hp, next minute they see another lock slamming down 5k crits and procing shadowbolt.

My suggestion to these people is to try playing a lock, atleast to 20 and you will be able to beat them easier.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Wonderful. You do realise that over 80% of wow players are casual gamers - they don't have the time to go play yet another class just so the game becomes fairer for them.

Blizzard's success is in making a game appealing to both the hardcore and the casual gamer. This only remains the case when all or most players feel the game is fair and balanced - if someone has to actually go play a class to learn its weaknesses, then it's not fair. People don't need to play a druid to know how to drop me, they don't need to play a mage or paladin to know how to kill them, thus it is NOT BALANCED to have to play a warlock up to 20 (which for a casual gamer is ages) just to have a chance against them in a PVP setting.

And for the record, yes I have a lock as well.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well then you know that fear is our only defence against meleers[dont give me that crap about seduction, its on the same counter] we can only use it 3 times and a cheap trinket makes you immune to it... so whats a lock to do then?[unless he is pro]

if i were to play a class where i wanted to be able to chew up locks, i would go warrior and get a trinket...nothing scares the shit out of me more than when a fear doesnt work or is countered by a warrior

its simple, do some research on the games you play. The same people who are all like "omgz locks = imba" are the same people that ask me to conjure some food, port them to stormwind or beg me for buffs

any player that knows how to play properly can easily destroy an average lock[not the pro ones tho, check out their videos - that shit is insane]

and we are basically dead if we dont have the right pet out at the right time...come accross a mage without felhunter? gg
a druid without succi out? ohhh shit

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
What good's a succubus if the druid has ever been a corporal? Pop the PVP trinket once (which EVERYONE should have), three-shot the succy in cat, and move on.

But that's not the point - playing a game for the casual user is not about research. Everything ELSE is learned ingame (I believe the tutorial is known as "levels 1-59") so why should you expect people to have to go off and read just to play in a balanced battle?

Yes I've been asked to conjure bread on my druid, or summon people, but that's not the point. Even very experienced pvpers know the limits, and coming from a bloody good pvp guild (look for "Original Sin" on the pvp tables, Runetotem alliance, to see what I mean) I can tell you that it's not just noobs calling for a nerf. I noticed you forgot to mention the howl of terror, the tendency to stack stam and +dmg gear since you don't need spirit at all, and the fact that you have three different healing abilities available at any time (potion, healthstone and bandage) in addition to the drain life and sacrifice abilities (yes I know they only work in specific situations, but nevertheless you have them and other classes don't).

Granted, pvp isn't all duels, but stick a lock with someone else and it just gets harder. Warlocks have more life and deal more damage than and all other casters, they come with their own bodyguard, and every damn survival ability the devs could imagine. Sure they might be squishy in a PvE setting but in the battlegrounds you - we - are a nightmare.

Anyway, it's been fun but I won't be able to continue. I'm retiring from BoS for good, and won't be reading any more threads. Good luck everyone, and if you see me in game send a tell or something. I'm on Runetotem, Silver Hand and Blackrock servers (mains all alliance, with requisite horde alts), good luck guessing my name.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Pop the PVP trinket once (which EVERYONE should have), three-shot the succy in cat, and move on.
Ignore the succubus. The druids that beat me heal through all my mana / hp...

Go bear form, attack me, heal up etc....

People pvp much better once they understand their class properly. Druids are awesome healers, that is how you should duel/bg.

Warlocks have more life and deal more damage than and all other casters
Warlocks CAN have more life (through soul-link specs) however this quite significantly nerfs their burst damage. They can also have huge damage (Sm/ruin) however nerf their hp significantly. We don't get both.

Sacrafice abilities get rid of our pet and just give us a slight buff to either damage / mana gain / hp gain.

Our 'body guard' requires us to farm shards, something that is not fun/easy to do in between battlegrounds.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeh hence owning a shardbag :D stock up before you enter pvp and you should be ok

you have to go demonology to have more life, and sure we dont need spirit and to a lesser exstent intel but it ends up being naturally high anyways cause we r casters

ive gone the SM/Ruin build which makes me squishy but i can pound out some DPS

sacing a pet is good, but once again a demonology build

Sorry to see ya go Lexi, i guess if i see ya i will say hi

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Mages are better, but they still suck.

Shamans are still overpowered :( Earthshock and frostshock needs to be nerfed!

Not that I'm really complaining since I'm horde and don't have to worry about PvPing Shamans :D

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Shaman is indeed a bitch. But I play one, so I'm not complaining, heh.

Anyone attempting Naxx yet?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Too much time and effort to prepare for naxx, but the tier 3 items looks crazy!

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Lvl 28 Druid on Gorgonnash, still going strong. Just respecced feral because there just wasn't enough DPS on Balance.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
It's always easier to spec feral while levelling.

Go balance/restoration in the high 50's. That's my view anyway.

Ajuddie

HSC
omg , WOW sucks.
Its stupid how , you pay 50$ + for a game that then costs 20$+ a month to renew.

Put your money to better use.

http://steampowered.com
Buy counter strike source now.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
That game kills some poor players, they get too addicted and breakdown, then die if no one cares for them.

Ajuddie said:
omg , WOW sucks.
Its stupid how , you pay 50$ + for a game that then costs 20$+ a month to renew.

Put your money to better use.

http://steampowered.com
Buy counter strike source now.
OMG that is so true !!!! Counter-Strike 1.6 + Counter-Strike: Source !!!!

Last edited:

Kmahal1990

HSC
Wow is so screwed up. Never before has the boundaries between realities and illusions been so blurred in my life. I started playing in year 9 (year 11 now ) and up until the middle of year 10 i tended to think that i was studying for my parents and if i was to choose, all i wanted was a 500$ a week job to support a computer and play wow like there is no tommorow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)