HSC
N/A
weve done world order and its hellish writing notes
theres solid stuff like epacekeeping and adhoc tribunals and the such
but all this forms of conflict stuff is trash

The Nick

McBain
HSC
WO deals with the creation and maintenance of the said order: international bodies (UN, ICJ), bodies involved in war (Red Cross, Geneva Conventions) and how the world is being shaped. The topic is good if you're interested in a broad overview of how the world is shaping up, and can write broad essays covering a wide range of topics (as well as railing against the U.S.). Fortunately for me, this is what I'm best at :)

santaslayer

HSC
The Nick said:
WO deals with the creation and maintenance of the said order: international bodies (UN, ICJ), bodies involved in war (Red Cross, Geneva Conventions) and how the world is being shaped. The topic is good if you're interested in a broad overview of how the world is shaping up, and can write broad essays covering a wide range of topics (as well as railing against the U.S.). Fortunately for me, this is what I'm best at :)
ie. Human Rights topic all over again. :p

The Nick

McBain
HSC
santaslayer said:
ie. Human Rights topic all over again. :p

Erm not quite. Whereas human rights deals with rights out of conflict and certain UN bodies inter alia, World Order is mainly about global security eg. Iraq

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
im doing world order by myself, with another girl from my class, our teacher made us do consumers, but we both hated it so we changed to world order. I haven't actually finished it yet though, cos i wasted weeks doing consumers (well not really, i mostly just sat around doing nothing lol)

Lemar

world order is heaps good. our class did it because we did global environments as part of our other focus study. ur expected to know why there is a need for world order and everythin. you learn about the UN, and all other conflicts like the war in Iraq. its really cool stuff. i cant believe ur class isnt doin it. dont worry it can get really hard sometimes.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah, I've finished world order. SantaSlayer you'd like it. It's all about issues in the world and stuff. The only problem is that the world issues keep changing, and since that happens, some of the stuff in the text book may not be accurate.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
yeah we've just finished it. how depressing. we watched a video on the rwanda genocide - so disturbing! world order was a pretty ok topic tho, apart from the case studies! :)

santaslayer

HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
yeah we've just finished it. how depressing. we watched a video on the rwanda genocide - so disturbing! world order was a pretty ok topic tho, apart from the case studies! :)
I think I watched that for the Human Rights topic...see the overlap. :p

carlz_07

HSC
I love talking about the concept of jus cogens! just coz it's a funny word I reckon. anyone have any clue how to say it properly tho like is it said like it's spelt or "jus cojens" ? My legal teacher has no idea how to say it either.

don't agree that it's hellish takin notes tho, but that's coz my teacher has written all these worksheets that are taken straight from the text, summarised and all we have to do is fill in the gaps and he gives us the first letter so basically it's like comprehension which means in class we can fully listen without having to take notes! fully rules. and I have my world order summary if anyone wants it. just email me at duncanc@iprimus.com.au

oh and to the person who said that the refugees thing isn't a world order issue, it is in a twisted way! not the clearest example but like the tampa thing was fully world order!

I reckon world order is easier than everyone reckons! and the syllabus is so easy to learn as well.

I'm in like yr11, but doin my hsc compressed. i.e. 2 subjects this year prelim and hsc, 4 next year! 2 of those are english and tourism which I'm doin over 2 yrs like usual! So kewl though! don't get how heaps of you haven't finished the course tho! I covered both prelim and hsc and finished a week before my trial!!! and we did it in detail too! so kewl.

But I love the fact that my teacher doesn't like us takin notes in class!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
jus cogens well thast how i say it

I have a habit of tuning j's to g's

carlz_07

HSC
Tenille said:
jus cogens well thast how i say it

I have a habit of tuning j's to g's
lol. that's how I say it too

how was that sum. I sent u? any help?

Last edited:

match

HSC
N/A
yeah we're almost finished with it... i thought it was pretty interesting. at least i can understand the news a bit better now. only problem is theres so many notes and now i have to summerise them all.... ahhhh!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i suggest not to write notes if you're pressed for time, just prepare your extended response

match

HSC
N/A
our teacher makes us put together a "revision folder" for each topic and we have to summerise our notes as part of that and then we have to make a summary of that summary... there was a point at the begining of the year when logic entered into this but when the summary is currently 12 pages and counting it now seems to be a method of cruel and unusual punishment

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
its good revision i guess, i just planed my WO essay beforehand, you know what they're gonna ask anyway :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)