^^**light_~@~ngel **^^
HSC
hey ppl :worried:
im going to do the maths sc this year
im in year 9 and im worried
that im going to do really bad
:bomb:
i always get nervous and end up getting shit marks
could i get sum advice for like calming down...

thanx
cya

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hi.
In my opinion, the S.C shouldn't be the biggest worry in the world. It's really overrated and it's really simple.

If you work consistently and know your things, it shouldn't be too bad. Besides, if you do get a 53, then don't worry. As people say, "it won't count towards anything". That's pretty true.

Treat it just like another ordinary exam. I hope everything works out.

yosemite sam

HSC
even if you plan on leaving school after your sc, the actual marks you get dont matter. you just have the certificate and you can say that you achieved it. and no one cares what you got if you go on to the hsc anyways

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just get an Excel Revise in a Month =D

Well, the SC doesnt count towards anything. You should study, but don't study so hard that you're stressing yourself.

cs01001

HSC
Although I didn't fully ace the SC, I can tell you that if you are consistent in your work, don't skip calsses, do some work & revision, you're guarnteed a Band 4-5. Band 6 is another story, ask the brilliant Kujah!

SC DOES NOT count towards anything. It's just a piece of paper that certifies you as being sucessfully completed compulsory schooling years.I never looked at my cert after the day i received them, lol.

In the end, Yes you will need to study if you want a high band, its nothing to stress over, take it easy.

Oh, and how come you can do SC in year 9?

Last edited:
HSC
cs01001 said:
Although I didn't fully ace the SC, I can tell you that if you are consistent in your work, don't skip calsses, do some work & revision, you're guarnteed a Band 4-5. Band 6 is another story, ask the brilliant Kujah!

SC DOES NOT count towards anything. It's just a piece of paper that certifies you as being sucessfully completed compulsory schooling years.I never looked at my cert after the day i received them, lol.

In the end, Yes you will need to study if you want a high band, its nothing to stress over, take it easy.

Oh, and how come you can do SC in year 9?
*Not all band 6 students put a whole lot of work in. A bit of natural talent is usually enough to get a band 6.

*It's harder to fail the SC than it is to pass. Remember they have designed this taking account of the collective abilities of every single student in the whole state...as long as you put a little bit of work into it you should have no problem whatsoever.

*SC doesn't mean anything if you plan on finishing school. OTherwise it is important.

*At schools where they have acceleration programs that allow some students to do SC and consequently HSC a year early.

HSC
light_~@~ngel said:
hey ppl :worried:
im going to do the maths sc this year
im in year 9 and im worried
that im going to do really bad
:bomb:
i always get nervous and end up getting shit marks
could i get sum advice for like calming down...

thanx
cya
You are accelerated in maths I assume? If you are good enough to accelerate you will have no problem whatsoever. I would also have to assume you are studying advanced level. If this is true don't worry. The SC tests for maths is common for standard, intermediate and advanced students. The test itself will be somewhere in between standard and intermediate. Don't stress you will be fine!

:wave:

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey.

Well the thing is not to panic.

The SC is do-able, and you will achieve good marks if you put some effort in.

It's true that it doesn't really count towards anything. Just don't fail anything.

Though it doesn't really count, it depends on how motivated you are. For example, with me, I was gunning for straight band sixes so I studied hard and got that. I'm not that brilliant, but I tried my hardest.

In the end, it's really up to you. Just try your best, and if you want to make the most out of the experience, then really, study hard and you'll rid of all those "damn I wish I had gotten more out of it" and "damn! one mark away from band six... if only I had studied!" feelings.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't turn up and don't fill those Misadventure forms?

cs01001

HSC
That would probably get you expelled, lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Then that must be one way to fail the SC and stall your school-life :)

hannahxxx

HSC
I definately wouldn't say the sc means "nothing". If you do your hsc it doesn't impact as much, but it is true employers will look at your results if you put them in there. I guess it depends on whether you want to look back on a period in your life and say "well yeah I did my best" or "nah I couldn't be bothered". I absolutely hate people who have the latter loser mentality and don't put the effort in.

I found the sc maths the hardest b/c the non-calculator section made me remember how much I relied on the thing ( I realized I didn't remember dec. place rules and other really simple stuff). You certainly need to do practice papers if you wanna go well.

Erm but I don't think you should be "worried" exactly about the sc. After my yearly exams in yr 10 I did 8hrs of study per subject in preparation and got 1 band 5 and the rest sixes(scaling works magic mind you). I guess because you haven't finished the HSC you aren't able to yet put the sc in perspective and realize how easy the damn thing is in comparison.

And ditto to what Simonloo said.

cs01001

HSC
I must say the SC Maths has increased its difficulty from 2005 onwards.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Enjoy the maths of the SC. I am doing 4U in year 11, sometimes i wish i was dead:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)