Worrying!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
Is it just me or i dont think i'll be able to sleep tonight. I mean the pressure that has been put upon HSC students is just enormous. Especially coming from an asian family with all the expectations from family and the family freinds. Im sure that there are plenty of people out there know how I feel, if you do please give me some feedback. I really cannot cope anymore with the suspense!!!!!!

IM GOING NUTS!!!!!!!

sly fly

HSC
lol well I'm not asian but I feel your pain......the suspense is killing me! Just try and go to sleep so that 6am comes around alot quicker

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
i am just stressing that I wont get over 65, and that if I don't my family will laugh at me.... unless I don't tell them

not confident, very not confident at all...

it's gonna be a painful night of trying to get to sleep 4 me...

eeeeeeek

HSC
im not stressing anymore. the exams are done, couldnt be fucked worrying bout the marks. stress less, theres more to life than the hsc. tell your family to let you make your own mistakes (if it happens) if you stuff it up, its not there fault. life goes on and so does mature age entry!! i had the same amount of pressure and i went off my nut about it, then they realised not to push the topic. its alot better now!

Mayfridth

HSC
Same here..just can't cope with the pressure~~

Know exactly how you feel. I'm currently overseas in China and the time difference is 3hours. So I'll be getting my HSC at 3am tomorrow morning.

Don't think i'll be sleeping at all tonite -_-;

HSC
N/A
Don't let their stress get to you.

It's THEIR worries and THEIR expectations. Not yours (at least, I hope not). There are so many different ways into University - the whole uai thing being the only way is a total misconception that's been blown out of proportion over the years.

I agree that it's YOUR hsc and YOU uai. If you screw up, fine. That's YOUR mistake and you can and will overcome that. Chances are you'll be fine anyway :)

Like so many people have said before, everyone will forget your uai and HSC after all this. Trust me... I did my HSC last year, and NO-ONE CARES! lol. Maybe your parents might, but time heals everything. Trust me :)

Just be calm, think of what YOU want. Let YOU prepare yourself for tomorrow, and ensure that you are given privacy to view your own results when they do come.

7th Sign

HSC
my parents are like we know you tried of some shit...

i think they have given up on my

sister 1 - came like dux of school and got a premiers award need i say more...

sister 2 - dux at a selective school

odd kid out in family - me hoping to make it to uni :( my life sux..

fines due 2moro sic and other shit can 2moro get any worse :(

PiGMAN

HSC
why the hell would you stress now? You SHOULD'VE been stressing before the exams (ie. when you could still change your result). If you have done the work, i'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
lol, gotta suck to have siblings that are dux and there are so much pressure on you

chronical176

Suicidal companion
HSC
lol, gotta suck to have siblings that are dux and there are so much pressure on you

sly fly

HSC
7th Sign said:
my parents are like we know you tried of some shit...

i think they have given up on my

sister 1 - came like dux of school and got a premiers award need i say more...

sister 2 - dux at a selective school

odd kid out in family - me hoping to make it to uni :( my life sux..

fines due 2moro sic and other shit can 2moro get any worse :(
What natio are you?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest, for those that are worrying about results, that you put a DVD in, or try and get some sleep. It only makes it worse staying up and worrying. I remember when it was the night before our year got their results, I was pretty stressed out by midnight so I decided to sleep and wake up at 4am'ish for the "refreshing of the BOS server" ritual. At least by sleeping a bit it made time go quicker

starz_air

HSC
haha im asian too, so i understand what u mean about the pressure from family and friends...
although..my parents really dont pressure me that much...but i know that deep down inside, they would be sooooo disappointed if i didnt do well.
i guess i put pressure on myself as well..
haha asian parents...high expectations and all that
im sure u'll be fine dude!

funkoncrack

HSC
jooobl said:
i am just stressing that I wont get over 65, and that if I don't my family will laugh at me.... unless I don't tell them

not confident, very not confident at all...

it's gonna be a painful night of trying to get to sleep 4 me...

eeeeeeek
I'm sure you'll do well chump. You know I wont laugh at ya, i'm kind of family :)

ziyiwang

HSC
man, i totally agree with u

This is the most agonizing day i ever had, i can't stand this pressure anymore, I am going to sleep, and hopefully all my hardwork will pay off tomorrow

darkroomgirl

HSC
I've put a lot of pressure on myself... I'd be very contented just to get into uni, and the mark I need isn't all that bad anyway (83.10, for B Ecuation (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/B Arts at uSyd), but I still want to know if I've actually achieved something, if all the hard work actually paid off.

princess_ariel

HSC
Yup, I know exactly how u feel, I'm Asian too and the feeling's like being in one of those pressure cookers our moms stew duck in....

MarsBarz

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I've put a lot of pressure on myself... I'd be very contented just to get into uni, and the mark I need isn't all that bad anyway (83.10, for B Ecuation (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)/B Arts at uSyd), but I still want to know if I've actually achieved something, if all the hard work actually paid off.
A lot of pressure just to get 83? Wtf? 83 is shit man honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)