Worst Formal Dress Shop Ever! (1 Viewer)

chanfky

Hi people! I'm sure a lot of you are still looking for a formal dress.

Here's a word of advice from me: don't go to the formal dress shop (Mink) in Westfield Hornsby. That formal dress shop has the WORST service ever! The sales person is absolutely horrible and rude!

I ordered this formal dress in mid July this year and on the receipt, the sales (let's refer to her as XXX from now on) wrote down I could get the dress by mid Aug. So I called the shop, and XXX said, "Yeah it should be here by next week". After a week, no dress. So I called again, and the person said the same thing to me.

August's gone, September's here already. Finally I received a call, saying that my dress is here. With great excitement, I went to the shop and tried the dress on again. This time, the dress felt really tight and from what I remembered, it wasn't as tight! So I tried on the another dress in the same style and in the same size and that one fit perfectly! I told XXX and she measured the length of where it was tight. And guess what? The dress I ordered is around ONE INCH less than the other dress (the dress that I felt comfortable in). I don't think XXX believes me, and she kept on saying "it looks the same to me.. blah blah blah..."but measurement says it all. She said she'll send both dresses back to the factory. I asked her, "how long would it take?". and she said "don't know. they have to measure it, correct it...".

Normally what would you do? Ring the factory up and ask them! What did she do? NOTHING! She only rang the factory up and ask them when my dad demanded her to. (and SHE said the dress should be back next Monday)And not one word of apology came out of her mouth! Not one! After all, my dress came late and now it's smaller than the original size, she really should apologise! Her attitude has a major problem. She provides the worst kind of serivce you can ever imagine. Actually, I won't even call that a service. That shop is just a total nightmare.

SO people, if you don't want to get frustrated like me, take my advice, don't go to that shop.

roo

HSC
hey calm down! heheh, yah she sounds pretty bitchy to me. i've been to that store a couple of times. my twin bought her formal dress from there actually and she seemed pretty pleased that she found a good enough dress.

hopefully you'll get your dress in time eh! :)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Thanks for the advice.. I'll avoid Mink in the future. What a nightmare!

Bad salespeople are possibly one of the most irritating things on earth.

Good luck with the dress :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Thanks for the advice.. I'll avoid Mink in the future. What a nightmare!

Bad salespeople are possibly one of the most irritating things on earth.

Good luck with the dress :)
Old 3rd September 2002, 08:30 PM

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
woah talk about a bump. 3 years.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
hahaha! better late than never?

ill start reading the dates now :rolleyes:

HSC
N/A
Just letting you all know, but Mink closed down and moved out about a year or so ago ;)

Might have moved somewhere else though. Go to Harts for a quality dress instead.

Tingaling

HSC
=0=" arh..

i havnt got my formal dress yet..*going shopping*...

next sat. i'll get it.. *wishing for the best of luck..*

*starts searching*...>0<"

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Nah, don't worry.

I'm not getting mine until between my last HSC exam and the actual formal, when the summer lines are out.

Something to look forward to, i guess.

I'm sure you'll find something :)

Last edited:

Tingaling

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Nah, don't worry.

I'm not getting mine until between my last HSC exam and the actual formal, when the summer lines are out.

Something to look forward to, i guess.

I'm sure you'll find something :)

Thanks~!!!

bellea013

HSC
dont go to harts!! they are such generic dresses with no real style or individuality. you may as well wear a potato sack

KYKYJ

HSC
mate. ..

We are all going to nee a suit sumtime in the future for formal events, interviews etc. so u may as well go out and just buy the suit but don't buy a crazy one just keep it simple and smart, get individulism from your hat/cane/shirt&tie etc. . .

shazz9876

HSC
i got mine in july

i got my dress in july
i went to melbourne for a weeknd to celebrate my sis 18th.. and we spent one day in the main street cant remb name where it has shop after shops of formal dresses i think it was near richmond.. anyway
i had looked in sydney but i coz im really small in waist n bust i was finding absolutely nothing that suited me
when i went to melbourne i found 2 that i adored.. both were pricy.. but the one that i didnt get only because u could see my hip bones..
my dress that i have is hot!!
its a teal green with a tight bust n ties up round the neck.. just below knees and very flowly.. kind of cross a boho with chic...

i love it!

my formal is on the 14th nov at imax theatre, darling harobur..
its a small veneu but the view is :O:O breathtaking!
im on the formal or sorry "PROM" committee as the other gals call it..

Toodles

Nuttaiish

HSC
i'm already starting to look for my formal dress and couldn't find anything cause i'm small and thin so most of the dresses i couldn't wear. Still remember my year 10 formal disaster and my friend's Kirsten's party when i was wearing this strapless dress and i couldn't really wear it properly,like it falls when i jump and all so it was so so embarrassing.
Does anyone knows a place in Sydney that has a really good shop for formal dresses but mostly prefer not too far cause it is hard to find.

Hysterik

HSC
3 year bump. Seems to be a bit of a theme for this thread. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)