WORST school (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Pretty funny how you stereotype the Mount Druitt region straight away and say that it is the worst school, oh and by the way, there is no Mount Druitt High. So before you mention a school as being the 'worst' actually have some decency to make sure it is an actual school and actually have knowledge of it being a 'bad' school rather than base it off the geographical location.
Mt Druitt High sounds pretty horrible, probably a lot of stabbings.

hkx92

HSC
N/A
punchbowl boys, granvill boys, mt druitt high, etc
i agree that Granville Boys would be one of the worst. It would be very hard to be a teacher there. Bullying would be pretty bad.

My cousin told me once that Mt Druitt high was in the news ages and ages ago for having a top HSC of 44 (this was not ATAR or UAI) so this might be an equivalent of about 60 ATAR not sure.. this may have been the reason they switched to the UAI/ATAR so entry scores look higher and the reason why uni entry scores are no longer public and available to schools..

In all fairness the good students from Mt Druitt would have probably moved to a better school, like St Marys Snr, or whatever. Which doesnt leave them with much left. The general behaviour may not be as bad as granville boys, they probably just didnt do much work assuming they may not aspire to get into uni.

Last edited:

hkx92

HSC
N/A
i agree that Granville Boys would be one of the worst. It would be very hard to be a teacher there. Bullying would be pretty bad.

My cousin told me once that Mt Druitt high was in the news ages and ages ago for having a top HSC of 44 (this was not ATAR or UAI) so this might be an equivalent of about 60 ATAR not sure.. this may have been the reason they switched to the UAI/ATAR so entry scores look higher and the reason why uni entry scores are no longer public and available to schools..

In all fairness the good students from Mt Druitt would have probably moved to a better school, like St Marys Snr, or whatever. Which doesnt leave them with much left. The general behaviour may not be as bad as granville boys, they probably just didnt do much work assuming they may not aspire to get into uni.
Looked it up.. to make sure I was right

The article was in the Daily Telegraph wikipedia page under controversies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Telegraph_(Australia)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm going to preemptively close this thread before some potentially defamatory comments are posted. If you have an issue with this, please post in Contact Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)