Worth Appealing?? (1 Viewer)

dannielle_93

HSC
Got my ATAR, and my school assessment mark in one subject was 7 below a guy who I was really close with at school. I was ranked 3rd and got the 3rd top mark of 89 in exam but still got a lower assessment of 84 which was a big gap. I feel my teacher has sent away a bigger gap then it should have been and it has therefore affected my marks.
I got below the atar i needed, is it worth appealing?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
What is there to appeal? You said you were ranked third which seems correct. The b.o.s. has an assessment rank appeal, but there is no assessment gap appeal. Perhaps call 131 112 and talk to b.o.s. about it.

smartalec

HSC
what atar did you get and what did you want to apply for? maybe there is bonus points and stuff ?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Got my ATAR, and my school assessment mark in one subject was 7 below a guy who I was really close with at school. I was ranked 3rd and got the 3rd top mark of 89 in exam but still got a lower assessment of 84 which was a big gap. I feel my teacher has sent away a bigger gap then it should have been and it has therefore affected my marks.
I got below the atar i needed, is it worth appealing?

The BOS uses 'relative gaps' not absolute gaps - so when they moderated the assessment marks they kept the relative difference - so if the range of marks on the exams was greater than the range of marks sent in then the gaps expand e.g. teacher sent in gaps of 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, and 6 which adds to a range of marks of 19 but in the exam the range from first to last was 38 then the gaps have to widen. In this example the gaps would double as the range of marks has doubled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)